What's new

melting arko

Just purchased a roll up container for my arko soap and I know some people grare it then pack it in but is it ok to melt it and pour in?

I don't think that's necessary with arko. It's soft enough to just press into any bowl you wish to use it in.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Arko is tallow based and will not melt properly, if at all.

It is soft enough to squish though. You should have no problem molding it to the container.
My advice is to cut it in to slices and push it in the container by hand. maybe the thickness of a quarter.

Don't melt it. It doesn't work very well. You can mash it, or mill it easily. However if you do want to try heating and pouring and it ruins it, you won't be losing much. They're not that expensive.

I like the performance of the stick a bit better than the puck. Good luck.

Arko is tallow based and will not melt properly, if at all.

It is soft enough to squish though. You should have no problem molding it to the container.
My advice is to cut it in to slices and push it in the container by hand. maybe the thickness of a quarter.
Would storage temperature have any effects?

I too want to get arko into a container. Mine doesn't seem to be soft enough, though I haven't tried forcing it. I left it in a ziploc bag with a small amount of water for a couple days, no better. I immersed that bag in VERY hot water, no better. I think I need to mill it, or just carve it to the shape of the container and fill gaps with the shavings (similar to packing after milling).

I grate them with a cheese grater from the dollar store. I do it onto newspaper and let it sit for a month or so. It reduces the stink significantly without affecting the lather. Easy to press the grated Arko into any container.

Marty

Why would you need to melt it or grate or anything? I got an arko stick and I just put it into the twist up container I bought from WCS. It was easy and didnt require much force or effort.

put it in a ziplock bag, make sure it is properly sealed. then put in a pot of hot water (not boiling). this will soften up the stick and make it super pliable. then either cut or break off pieces and push into your container. easy.

I just got my first Arko stick, what I did was to slice it into small pieces about 1cm in length, lay it into the container then mash on top of each other while filling the gaps. Smooth it out and it looks great.

Top Bottom