What's new

Meltdown...

Two important things I have learned since I really got into this.

1. I like room to work up my lather
2. I don't care for shave sticks

What's a guy to do? Sometime this week, I will post pics of a Shave Stick meltdown. With my work schedule, free time is fleeting, and I need to pick up some more bowls, but, the benefit to you will be specific instructions on how to melt soap! Not all soap can be melted, so be forewarned!

Charles at QED offers a number of Shave Sticks in scents that I love, but, again, don't like the format. I'll show you how to melt shave sticks, and give information on how to take soaps from their small containers and mold them into larger containers. Pics will be included, and great shaves will be had by all!

Randy

Cool Randy!! I can't wait to see it! Hopefully the gallery feature will be up and running.... might be some cool merging abilities and slide-shows we can setup!
:w00t:

Joel,

Kick the dog and spit in the fire. Didn't think about the Gallery feature not being up yet. Hopefully I will get it done in advance, but may need to wait for that. The earliest I'll get a chance to work on this would be tomorrow evening, but again, the work schedule dictates!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Joel,

Kick the dog and spit in the fire. Didn't think about the Gallery feature not being up yet. Hopefully I will get it done in advance, but may need to wait for that. The earliest I'll get a chance to work on this would be tomorrow evening, but again, the work schedule dictates!

Randy
Don't burn the dog and spit on your shoe yet!!!

http://badgerandblade.com/gallery :badger:

-Nick

Gents,

I had hoped to have this put together before now, but work has been brutal! :a53: Looks like it will be the weekend! I apologize for the delay, but with what Joel's paying me...what do you expect? :cool:

Randy-

Yes, I am with you, I'm not a big fan of the shave stick configuration either. I wish Charles would make all of the QED soaps available in the screw-top jar container.

(Charles- I promise, between me and Randy and the rest of the B&B addicts, you'll sell them all!)

Hi all,

I melted down a QED Frankincense & Myrrh stick but cutting it into about 6 pieces and placing it into one of those plastic containers that you can screw the lid onto. I nuked it for 15 seconds and it turned out fantastic.

I had to return my shedding SR230 brush to Charles so I included the shave stick container in the package. Figured it was better than just discarding the container.

Think I will shave with this tomorrow.

Patrick

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So did you shave with it? How did it go? Can’t wait to hear!
:c2: After 17 years, it may be his son who's shaving with it.

thread-necromancy.png

AA

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
People that want to melt shave soap are like people that want to slather grease on their razor strop. Neither makes any sense and will likely ruin the product, but they just can’t help themselves.

make some B&B chili while wou're at it...don't mix the soap and chili though....

:eek:

"tiny bubbles...." o o 0 OOO 00 oooo @....

mark tssb
For the last 40 years for me B&B is a fine liquor made by the Dominican order of Monks. Part Brandy, part Benedictine. You can understand how I was momentarily confused about that going into chile. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be good.

My $0.02...

I have an Arko shave stick I lather in a shave mug.

I got a $0.97 potato peeler at Walmart and use that to peel off a thin layer of the shave stick and press it to the bottom of the mug. Add a tablespoon of water and let sit for a minute or so. Then later with a damp brush.

Top Bottom