What's new

Mekur futur

Hi all, just ordered a safety razor a Mekur Futur, what do the great masses on badger and blade think of this razor?

new to safety razors so did i do good or was it a foolish choice for a first time?

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Merkur-Futur-Razor.html

proxy.php

Last edited:
I shaved with mine on Monday night after giving it a break of about six months. I'm not sure why I quit it. Monday night's shave was excellent and I plan on using my FUTUR again tonight.

I think you will be extrememly happy with your new FUTUR.

DL

The Futur is a very heavy razor and can be quite aggressive. Start with the razor on 1 (or below) which is its mildest setting. Also, use no pressure. The Futur is an outstanding razor. Enjoy!

eric.

The Futur is a very heavy razor and can be quite aggressive. Start with the razor on 1 (or below) which is its mildest setting. Also, use no pressure. The Futur is an outstanding razor. Enjoy!

eric.

thanks for that, it'll be a bit of a learning curve at the start, but hopefully i'll get used to it, bought an alum block too in case i get a few cuts, any other tips greatly appreciated.

The Futur was my first razor. Most razors after this one will feel tiny in comparison. If you can master this one, anything after it will be pretty easy to use in comparison.

any other tips greatly appreciated.

Also, be careful changing blades. There is a lip on one side of the head. Push up on it first and then go to the other side. Once you understand this, IMHO blade changing is second only to the TTO. Of course, I had to get bit once to fully appreciate it. :001_smile

eric.

I just started using one a week or so ago. Love that razor. I used it on 3 with a 7 O'Clock Yellow the first time and got one of my best shaves ever.

I've had my Futur for almost a year now. I love it and use it 90% of the time. Just tried it with Feather's this week, and WOW! :thumbup:

PS: I had RAD, until I got the Futur...it took care of that for me! :001_rolle

The Futur was my first DE. It takes some getting used to but it performs very very well. It has the best "sound" of any DE I have ever used. I would follow the previous advice of starting on 1. Lastly, it takes some working with it to get good with it around your nose. You have to use something else to finish that area until you get used to it. Good luck!

I shaved with a Futur for years...with it set on 3 from day one. While I was very careful, I agree with the other recommendations here. What is most important is to pretend that it really isn't adjustable, at first. dial it to 1 and don't mess with it until you are so comfortable with it that it begins to bore you.

Note that different blades will give you different results at different settings. For example, a Feather might give you a great shave at 1, but leave you raw and hurting at 3. Likewise, a less sharp blade might not perform well at all at 1, but might shave beautifully at 2.

hey guys, just thought i'd give ye an update, got the stuff i ordered this morning, only ordered it yesterday, as such have just had the best shave of my life, there is no going back now. thanks for all the advice, i put all of it into practice, and it was well worth it.

that razor is fantastic, i kept it at 1 and used one of the Gilette 7 o'clock blades i got with it. My face hasn't been this soft or smooth since before i had facial hair.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom