What's new

Mehaz Is A Good Razor

Hi Guy im new here but been wet shaving for awhile iv seen many post on here and a lot of other places about mehaz. it is a good razor and i want to clear something up it is made in Germany i do have the box for it. due to the made in germany debates lols

To my knowledge, Germany was never big on TTO designs. Merkur had the Vision which was discontinued a while back. There may have been some made under the Gillette brand and design, but these were all a long time ago. Right now, most modern mass produced TTO razors come from China or India, with the exception of the Rockwell.

It could be that Mehaz is headquartered in Germany, but contracts out to China to make their razors.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Looks okay to me. I had never paid much attention to this brand before. I might do a little more research. I like the look of it. It does remind me of the Micro Touch One but it was not too bad for the price. I am a shaver who prefers mild razors.

Looks okay to me. I had never paid much attention to this brand before. I might do a little more research. I like the look of it. It does remind me of the Micro Touch One but it was not too bad for the price. I am a shaver who prefers mild razors.[/

Attachments

• SAM_0514.JPG
    SAM_0514.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 44
  • SAM_0515.JPG
    SAM_0515.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 43
  • SAM_0516.JPG
    SAM_0516.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 47
  • SAM_0517.JPG
    SAM_0517.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 45
To end the chinese argument this razor is made in germany it even has a lifetime warranty do they do that with any chinese razors i have nothing against chinese razors but this razor is only 4-7 dollars more there is a weight difference the chinese one is 1.19 oz and mehaz 2.22oz i respectfully disagree with gcv755 btw that chinese razor goes under 3-7 different brands makers etc not gonna say them all

Hello,

by the looks and weight, Mehaz is a rebranded Weishi.
US $8.09 10% OFF|YINTAL Double Edge Safety Razor Copper + Plating Men's Manual Portable Shaver 1 Razor +10 Blades-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

It's sold by several shaving companies under their own brand, for eg. Noberu:
Rakhyvlar, tvålar och mycket mer från Nõberu

Currently no company produces TTO-s in Germany or Solingen.

Adam
mehaz is made in germany. i believe if any company lied about where a product is made that would be fraud and would be reported to ftc.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm thinking the only thing made in Germany was the painted name sprayed on it's door, lol.

R

romsitsa

mehaz is made in germany. i believe if any company lied about where a product is made that would be fraud and would be reported to ftc.

"Mehaz Professional was founded in 1979 by Jerry Mennicken and Ardo Hazlet (the initials from each of their last names formed the company name). The company originally imported implements from Solingen, Germany, a city recognized as home of the finest cutlery in the world. Spilo Worldwide became the exclusive distributor of Mehaz products."

There are no TTO razor producers in Germany. Basically Mühle and Merkur are the only domestic producers.

Adam

"Mehaz Professional was founded in 1979 by Jerry Mennicken and Ardo Hazlet (the initials from each of their last names formed the company name). The company originally imported implements from Solingen, Germany, a city recognized as home of the finest cutlery in the world. Spilo Worldwide became the exclusive distributor of Mehaz products."

There are no TTO razor producers in Germany. Basically Mühle and Merkur are the only domestic producers.

Adam
did you call spilo and confirm that?

R

romsitsa

For under 10 USD it's a good quality Chinese razor, no problem with it.
On the other hand, while the razor has no marking, the box could really be crafted in Solingen, Germany.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
I once received a razor from China that had Solingen on the box. It did not say Germany and so maybe there is a Solingen in China.

There are some western razor companies that say the their razors are built in China to their specifications, Viking Blade (the "Swedish" company that is based in Australia) comes to mind. Anyway, the story goes that their razor may look like a Chinese razor, but the design has been enhanced and general specifications have been modified to make them perform better, last longer, look better.....

Many folks that have both similar looking razors will swear that there is a difference in the design, shave quality, weight, and other attributes. Perhaps this razor falls in that category. In any case, if it shaves well and yo are satisfied with it, that is all that matters.

I once received a razor from China that had Solingen on the box. It did not say Germany and so maybe there is a Solingen in China.

There are some western razor companies that say the their razors are built in China to their specifications, Viking Blade (the "Swedish" company that is based in Australia) comes to mind. Anyway, the story goes that their razor may look like a Chinese razor, but the design has been enhanced and general specifications have been modified to make them perform better, last longer, look better.....

Many folks that have both similar looking razors will swear that there is a difference in the design, shave quality, weight, and other attributes. Perhaps this razor falls in that category. In any case, if it shaves well and yo are satisfied with it, that is all that matters.
:001_smile

Top Bottom