What's new

Meet Us At The Diner

Something about vacation on Cape Cod just makes you have to do a lobster and clam boil:

$lobsterandclams.jpg

Yum!

My son is heading to DC for a class trip next Monday. Sounds like a perfect excuse to fire up the ol' smoker on Sunday and make the first ribs of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Went to the local Thai/Lao restaurant, but did not have curry this time. I had Kra Pao Khi Dao, which is yellow onion, basil, Thai chili in a sauce, with an egg on top. I opted for pork.
$lunch.jpg

The water heater is another story. I replaced mine in 2006 with a 12 year unit...so time is running short. I think it will last more years but I'm considering a tank-less when it's time is up.

Be careful with tankless, Aaron. They're not all they're cracked up to be, from what I read.

My computer's GPU died on me yesterday. Rather than mess with it, I sent it in for an RMA. In the meantime I plugged my HDMI into my motherboard and I'm down to just 1 monitor for the time being. I will hopefully be up and running again in a couple of weeks.

Also, the university I got into wants me to take Hepatitis shots before they allow me to take classes (edit: I don't have Hepatitis, but the shot is a requirement). I don't have medical insurance, so I'm hoping to find a place nearby that doesn't charge me 8 paychecks for it. That'll be fun.

Also, finding a job with an AA is like finding a job with a really expensive high school diploma. It may as well be in the dumpster because I don't know the right peeps.

Lastly, I've been hunting for RazoRock XXX in the old UFO shaped tubs for a few months now. It's gotten to the point where several people on the regular community I visit (won't name it here in case it's not allowed) have started to look out for it in case they come across one.
It's weird, cause I never expected this much support looking for the damned soap or for people to be so generous with their time to help a dude like me out (I can be abrasive at times). It's like a community effort at this point. I really appreciate that. I'll probably do a WTB once my account here is old enough too, though I've been eyeing the BST like a hawk.
Gonna stock up on as many tubs of the stuff as I can since I already have every other smell-alike soap under the sun in my collection, and I may as well grab one of these originals.

Oh, and don't waste money on Best Buy's Geek Squad. It's a waste of money when chances are you can find a friend or family member who knows how to do everything they do for free or cheap. I know because I'm that guy. I can get swamped at times with other stuff, but if I can do it myself, why pay some guy ridiculous amounts of money to do it for me? It's like changing your own oil.

Last edited:
Oh, and don't waste money on Best Buy's Geek Squad. It's a waste of money ....

Not to mention They're the best way to get your personal family photographs, documents, passwords, etc. out onto the internet. The "geeks" have been caught many times making copies of customer's personal data for their own use.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I just upgrade this PC to Windows 10. So far so good. It's got a snappier feel to it. The Edge browser is faster among other programs. Jury's still out though.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Well the Edge browser in Windows 10 doesn't seem to like B&B to much. It just acts weird. Back to Chrome.

I went to windows 10 and edge gave a warning for Norton 360. So edge got the flick.
I got a new work computer with windows 10 and the IT guy also changed the browser.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I down loaded windows 10 at breakfast time and kicked the edge to the kerb by lunch time.

I built 2 of my own PC's from scratch and running 7 on them for awhile. I have one PC in my music room and use wi-fi to connect to the net. 10 hated my wi-fi network adaptor and would not finish installing. It would just "stick" at the "welcome to Windows10" screen. After reading about the same problem other people were having I tried what they did and it worked. Just unplug the adaptor before rebooting. :mad3:

I am an IT guy.

Windows 10 is great. Edge is a ***.
I only allow people to use IE or Chrome. Most choose Chrome.
Firefox used to be a hog, but it seems better now, so I may re-evaluate it.

Top Bottom