What's new

Meet-up of American cars

The village I live in has an American Car Club and in cooperation with one or two other similar clubs they (apparently) hold an annual meet-up taking turns organising it in the respective towns - this year it was right on my doorstep and with free admittance there was no valid excuse not to visit the site - so I did :wink:
I even saw some from Sweden and Finland showing off their cars.

Besides Ferrari I have a love of especially Ford Mustang from the 60's and I was not disappointed, there were luckily several of that kind, but also a lot of other very nice cars from the other side of the pond :001_smile
And here some shots from an absolutely wonderful Saturday afternoon.

Shelby G.T. 350
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Another Shelby G.T. 350
proxy.php

proxy.php

Ford A31
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Studerbaker Commander
proxy.php

Packard Super 8 Deluxe Victoria Convertible
proxy.php

Chevrolet Impala
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Chrysler Royal
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ford DeLuxe
proxy.php

Thank you very much Gentlemen.

Although the Impala is a little too "Liberace" for me, I do love all those little details it has all around.
Generally, I like to get in close on the small details, I think it can give some different photos than just taking the whole car.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Great photos. I had a '61 Impala- completely different look from the one you posted.

Boy, did they make some terrific cars back then. Now everything is the same.

That's a '59 Impala, IIRC.. Great pictures and it amazes me how cars from one side of the world end up on the other side of the world and are kept so beautifully perfect.
Thanks for the great memories.

I was happy to see that most cars were very well cared for.
There were a few which needed restoration, but overall they looked great, and I agree with Ouch; they made some beautiful cars back then.

I was happy to see that most cars were very well cared for.
There were a few which needed restoration, but overall they looked great, and I agree with Ouch; they made some beautiful cars back then.

That was a iconic era and reminds me of the time a shaver would have lifted something like a Gillette Adjustable 195 to get rid of the last day's stubble. Thanks again for sharing such great pics :thumbsup:

Very nice Soren. The only thing that I could suggest would be maybe to investigate a polarising filter. Cutting down reflections and even further saturating colours can be a big plus for that type of shooting.

Thanks for sharing your pics!

I actually have a polarising filter, but since it was overcast I didn't think to bring it, I will definitely have that in mind next time, thanks :001_smile

Top Bottom