What's new

Meet the new Boss -- Aristocrat #15 Solid Bar

I was lucky enough to snag this specimen some days back.

It arrived today and I'm thrilled with what I'm seeing.

Looks like yet another razor that the owner may have used just once and kept away. Turning mechanism is buttery smooth and doors align perfectly.

The box is the best condition I've ever seen. It has its original snap and everything from the hinges to the
insides and the blade tray is sparkling.

My research suggests that this an Aristocrat #15 sold in Australia. I've always wanted one just to compare to my #21 which looks pretty much identical.

I have drawn a hot bath for it and will post pics on how it cleans up. The only bummer is that the previous owner left a blade in the razor, so theres some discolouration on the tray which scrubbing bubs should get rid of. There are also 5 new wilkinson sword blades in wrappers which Im wondering whether to use, altho i probably won't as Im a chicken^&%$.

Anyway heres the initial before pics:

RIMG0864.JPG
RIMG0865.JPG
RIMG0866.JPG
RIMG0867.JPG
RIMG0868.JPG
RIMG0869.JPG
RIMG0870.JPG
RIMG0871.JPG
RIMG0872.JPG

Well done, that's a lovely razor. I'd be inclined to use the blades if they're stainless and don't show any signs of being exposed to damp conditions, but the one in the pic looks a bit rough.

Beautiful razor! I am also lucky enough to own one and I enjoy it very much. It seems that the #15 SB set was sold only in Australia using left over cases from the #15 OC and the 2nd gen. SB razor. Great find, enjoy!

I recently purchased the same razor from a friend on these forums. I find the shave to be buttery smooth with an efficiency of the #15 OC. It has become one of my favorite razors. Congrats on your purchase Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

It's the same razor you have in the #21 set and shaves pretty much the same way.
I think we discussed this already. ;)

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I recently purchased the same razor from a friend on these forums. I find the shave to be buttery smooth with an efficiency of the #15 OC. It has become one of my favorite razors. Congrats on your purchase Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
A part of me is still hoping you’ll send it back!:em18:

It's the same razor you have in the #21 set and shaves pretty much the same way.
I think we discussed this already. ;)

Hence the title...."Meet the new boss..."
If you know your music, you will know what the next line is.

Thanks all for the lovely comments...this razor cleaned up brilliantly....didnt need the ultrasonic cleaner.
Will take some pics when light is good.

I compared it to my #21 and could have sworn there is a bit of a difference in the thickness of the lower band....though marginal.
If it shaves identical to the #21 I will be very pleased. That is one serious looking blade gap and exposure....I can;t wait for tomorrow to roll around.

Top Bottom