What's new

Meet my $1 Injector!!

So I went looking around in the local antique stores, and found a few razors. There was an all plastic Star Tech, a Bakalite Injector, and a plastic handled Injector with a little lever on the bottom.

I picked up the plastic handled one, and proceed to find the proprietor of the booth. He tells me it will be $1.00!! :w00t::w00t: I happily pay, and he says "Why do you want only that one?" I tell him I think it will clean up better.

He indicates, he has some Gillette's at his house, in a display case, and will bring them by tomorrow if I like. I ask him the cost on them, he says $2-3 dollars each!! Tomorrow could result in some awesome finds!!

Anyway, here is the $1.00 "Eversharp Hydromagic Injector" Type I2, dating from 1955-1958:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It cleaned up really well, and is quite shiny!!

Apparently the level on the bottom is designed to allow the blade to be thoroughly cleaned.

At first I couldn't figure out how to load this Injector, as there are two prongs that stick down out of the top of the head, and prevent the blade from going in. They correspond to the two holes in an Injector blade. I thought maybe I had some funky Injector that used blades that are no longer made.

With the bottom unclasped, the blade won't go in at all as those prongs project down to far, and with it fully clamped down there is not enough space in the head for the blade to go in.

Hmmmm..:confused::confused:....I discovered that the lever needs to be partly loosened to allow the blade to go in; moving the level causes the prongs to move up, and down.

Here is the bad part of this story:

In my attempt to load it, I wasted two blades from my new 15 pack. Not wanting to be wasteful I figured I could reload them into the injector blade bank. I pressed the spring down with a pen, and proceed to start pushing the blade back in....but my fingers slipped, and my thumb went flying into the sharp blade!! OUCH!!!

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Great Score! Congrats.
The injectors are really nice. An injector was my first ever razor.

On blades - I made the committment long ago that the ONLY time I handle a blade is when I transfer it from package to razor or razor to blade bank. Period

Nice one. I got a Butterscotch handle for a couple bucks the other day...now I feel like I overpaid.:lol:

Great shavers! Congrats.

Nice find. If you find some good gillette shavers, you should buy 'em up and sell em on the board - not for a profit, but to get them back in the circuit!

Nice find. If you find some good gillette shavers, you should buy 'em up and sell em on the board - not for a profit, but to get them back in the circuit!

I plan on buying anything that is even slightly usable. :thumbup1:

For $2-3 dollars each, they would be difficult to pass up. :tongue_sm

You shouldn't have any problem swapping blades in the future. With a blade in place it should work like normal.

The instructions (see post #78) advise that you leave the blade unclamped to dry between uses.

- Chris

You shouldn't have any problem swapping blades in the future. With a blade in place it should work like normal.

The instructions (see post #78) advise that you leave the blade unclamped to dry between uses.

- Chris

Thanks for that link. Original instructions are always fun to look at. :thumbup1:

You are right, the reason I had trouble putting the new blade in, is because I had no blade in it, while I was giving it scrubbing bubbles, and barbicide treatments. :redface:

Last edited:
Top Bottom