What's new

Meerschaum repair…

proxy.php

I’ve got this SUPER cool meer stummel with a neat repair band on it. The shank has a small amount of play in it at the band though. I want to make sure this pipe is around for a while. Any ideas how to tighten it up? I’m think a needle tipped CA applicator putting some glue between the band and the shank.

I COULD probably send it out to be fixed, but that means sending to the states. I’d also like to be able to hold this up and say “I” did it. Also, I’m pretty sure they won’t remove the silver work, address the break, and put it back together…they’d probably just run some CA glue down the band the same as I would. I have another claw and egg that came in the lot with a broken off toenail that I’m going to repair. I’ll chronicle that repair though….it should be interesting.

I’ve seen a number of these claw and eggs on eBay. A lot of them, especially newer ones, are pretty crude. This one looks like a real foot. I really want to keep it going. I mean, even the back side of the claw has individual scales carved….

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I caved….I sent it to a pro. Atleast I’ll get it back good as new. I don’t want to mess this one up. I have others to practice on.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Well I caved….I sent it to a pro. Atleast I’ll get it back good as new. I don’t want to mess this one up. I have others to practice on.

Probably the best approach. To do it proper, you'd need to remove the band, glue the break itself, and then reaffix the band. That's a job I'd leave to the pros.

Top Bottom