What's new

Meerschaum coloring bowl

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Has anyone used one of these? I was toying with the idea of making one out of cob.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
You rang???

Yes, I have one. I’d say that (1) yes, it does promote more even coloration as promised, (2) the coloration process is much much slower when you use a coloring bowl, (3) having the coloring bowl sticking out of your meerschaum pipe is a bit unwieldy and doesn’t make for the most relaxing smoking experience, (4) and they’re kind of a fun novelty but completely unnecessary.

So, give it a go if you’d like. And if you want a fancy one, H Cor and IMP bth make nice meerschaum ones that come in a case ( mine is a Cor).

I’ll also add, if you do make one, be sure that the part that sits in your pipe is cork lined so it doesn’t damage the meerschaum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
You rang???

Yes, I have one. I’d say that (1) yes, it does promote more even coloration as promised, (2) the coloration process is much much slower when you use a coloring bowl, (3) having the coloring bowl sticking out of your meerschaum pipe is a bit unwieldy and doesn’t make for the most relaxing smoking experience, (4) and they’re kind of a fun novelty but completely unnecessary.

So, give it a go if you’d like. And if you want a fancy one, H Cor and IMP bth make nice meerschaum ones that come in a case ( mine is a Cor).

I’ll also add, if you do make one, be sure that the part that sits in your pipe is cork lined so it doesn’t damage the meerschaum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, thanks. I was thinking about making one out of cob...I don't know though. I don't think I'll have the patience to really stick with using it. I'll probably just let it color naturally.

Top Bottom