What's new

Medina Cigar-Men REJOICE!

Well, guys, I've been doing the cigar thing for a while now, predominately functioning online (Namely Cigars International [CigarsIntl.com]) to buy my gear... Well, a few weeks ago I discovered a quaint little shop that you cigar smokers in Ohio simply MUST visit. I know it opened up quite a while ago, but it's recently (maybe not so recently, again, I've just located them) swapped owners...

Well, to cut the story short, I was looking for a local place to pick up some sticks every now and then, rather than online (Cut down on the temperature/humidity shock, and the wait time!) and google gave me this place... Away I went.

The shop smells fantastic, the walk-in humidor isn't the most massive, or extensively stocked, but what it does have is QUALITY. Don Peppin, Garcia and Garcia, A Fuente, Oliva, Ashton... Quality stuff, pure quality (I still need to get my 5 Vegas and Perdomo online, but that's okay). What's better is that the owner is the nicest lady EVER! I walked in planning on picking up a cheap V-cutter (mine is dull) and left with knowledge, a new lighter (and I bought one online a few days ago, so she's good :p) and a Xicar cutter, along with a "house cigar" that the lady says she blended with Fuente... It's delicious!

Sorry to ramble, but I really loved this place. They also have a cigar lounge where you can enjoy your new treats, complete with flatscreen, along with a happy hour once a week (Wednesday I think?) from 2-7, with free beer (Guineess and Great Lakes) until you finish your cigar if you bought it from them.

Great products, great people, great service, great experience :thumbup::thumbup:

And in the interest of bragging, my new cutter is a niiiice Xikar, it's pretty regular (flat black) but outstanding quality, the new torch from online is a Blazer Spitfire, nice shape, big tank, angled head, intensity control, and it switches from soft flame to torch with a little lever... I'm expecting it to be equally nice. Lastly, the lighter from the Medina Cigar shop, it's a Jetline (user-grade) but it has a nice redwood burl body, the little lid/cap opens automatically as you activate it, and it has a pop out cigar-punch on the bottom... triple jet torch lighter...

I expect the Blazer and Xikar to be my showoff-y, nice setup, and this torch will be for travel/campus... It's a great combo for 15 bucks.

All in all, one hell-of-a night :D

I think all us men need that go-to place.

Although unable to smoke a cigar and enjoy a drink from the bar, due to our lovely political arena, I frequent the cigar shop owned by a dear friend here in Hawaii. The name of the place is cigar-cigar etc. Great place to catch up with the regulars and just shoot the proverbial *expletive*

Glad to hear you've found one in your neighborhood. I hope it becomes your safe haven!

I'll let it slide this time. But only because I had a DFS this morning. It's hard to hold a grudge while I'm busy rubbing my cheeks and chin

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Scott and Phil are good guys. Make sure you get on their email list. They have events almost every month. Stuff like football parties, clam bakes, luaus, etc.

Did they ever finish the private club in the basement? I haven't been up there since early '08 and they were working on a members only lounge in the basement.

Top Bottom