What's new

Medical Prep Personna

I got to try some med preps I received from razorbladesandmore.com and these were probably the sharpest and most comfortable shaving blades I have tried so far on my return to DE shaving. I have not tried several of the more well known sharper blades yet. I liked them so much I ordered a box of 50. I had no burn and my face was very well shaved.

Had my second shave ever with a Personna Hospital Use (not sure which one you call it) today. Used my 89L and lathered with Trumper rose soap. Did not get a heavy lather, so cushion was probably not high. Nonetheless, the shave was harsh, especially on the first wtg pass. Did three passes plus buffed. Got a solid dfs, bording on bbs except on my chin. After two hours, the shave feels closer still and the stubble on the chin is less noticeable. But my face still has a light burning sensation. Any thoughts?

That was exactly my experience with them. Harsh on the first pass but very close. I have tried a few times and just don't care for these blades.

Just got a couple of these PIF'd to me on Saturday. Got a chunk of my nose, but I don't blame the blade on that one. Must have gotten sloppy!

Definitely a good shave. Lately on blades I'm trying for the first time it's one shave and done, but I'm definitely interested in seeing how this one holds up over multiple shaves.

Waiting for labs and meds from razorbladesandmore.com along with EJ89. will update which one works for me. If I like them what is the best source to buy them in bulk?

The Personnal Medical Prep blades are my go to nlade, and I have yet to find a razor that does not work with them. My 2nd choice blade is the Feather, which is not as smooth as the Med Prep IMHO.

Before I spring for a whole box of hospital-personnas, would someone be willing to trade me 2 of these blades for 2 Feathers, Astras, or Derbys? PM your address and which blades you would like to trade for and I will reply with my address. Thanks

Todd

Before I spring for a whole box of hospital-personnas, would someone be willing to trade me 2 of these blades for 2 Feathers, Astras, or Derbys? PM your address and which blades you would like to trade for and I will reply with my address. Thanks

Todd

PM sent.

To those who find Astra sp smooth, how does this blade compare? also with Gillette blue (never tried this one but I hear it's also smooth). Thanks.

This and Gillette blue are the blades I want to try soon.

To those who find Astra sp smooth, how does this blade compare? also with Gillette blue (never tried this one but I hear it's also smooth). Thanks.

This and Gillette blue are the blades I want to try soon.

I love Astras because of their smoothness. I get 4-5 shaves out of an Astra SP.
I never got past the second shave with the Med Prep. To me they were rough. To be fair the second shave felt smoother than the first, but I still was left feeling raw.
For further comparison, I just tried my first shave with a Feather and found it to be very smooth and nice on shave one.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that YMMV on every blade and what is "smooth" for one guy, is not smooth for the next.

The Med Prep was very sharp, just not smooth for me. If that makes any sense...

For me the Med Prep Personnas keep impressing me. I have been going back and forth between these, Gillette Blues and Yellows, Polsilvers, IPs and even a Feather. Each time I come back to the Med Prep I am not disappointed.

I am not saying they are as sharp as a Feather or as forgiving as an IP, but when all is said and done they give me a great shave and they are a reasonable price.

had my first shave with one tonight and theyve totally blown me away. so smooth, a few very small weepers that disappeared with a cold water splash and most importantly for me... ZERO irritation, it feels like i havent shaved at all as far as irritation goes. im on the verge of bulk buying some of these, got some perma sharp to try first, but i cant see how on earth they can be better than these. outrageously good!

Well guys, I got the 4 Personna Med Prep testers in the mail this weekend (Thanks Jim!). Loaded my Merkur 34C with one this morning and went about my normal shave routine. Whipped up a rich and thick MWF lather and went to work. HOLY COW! Who found out about these blades? BSS with 2 passes and that NEVER happens for me! I went ahead and did my usual third pass just for the sake of testing. No nicks or weepers! What is even MORE amazing is I experienced ZERO burn with my usual Thayer's Witch Hazel AS. This feedback confirmed what I already knew: NO Irritation. This is a VERY sharp blade that somehow doesn't eat the hide off my neck like a Feather. Based on just 1 shave I would say the Personna Med Prep is a cross between the sharpness of a Feather and the forgiving nature of a Derby (at least for me). I will test for another week or so, but if today is any indication, I will be springing for the 100 count box! Thanks again Jim!

can anyone tell me where i can order a sample pack of this? 5/10 blades one. site link will be helpful
found them on west coast shaving and they have 100 blades pack.seeing such good reviews really want to try this one

Last edited:
Well guys, I got the 4 Personna Med Prep testers in the mail this weekend (Thanks Jim!). Loaded my Merkur 34C with one this morning and went about my normal shave routine. Whipped up a rich and thick MWF lather and went to work. HOLY COW! Who found out about these blades? BSS with 2 passes and that NEVER happens for me! I went ahead and did my usual third pass just for the sake of testing. No nicks or weepers! What is even MORE amazing is I experienced ZERO burn with my usual Thayer's Witch Hazel AS. This feedback confirmed what I already knew: NO Irritation. This is a VERY sharp blade that somehow doesn't eat the hide off my neck like a Feather. Based on just 1 shave I would say the Personna Med Prep is a cross between the sharpness of a Feather and the forgiving nature of a Derby (at least for me). I will test for another week or so, but if today is any indication, I will be springing for the 100 count box! Thanks again Jim!

Glad you like them Todd. Like you, the first time I used them I could not believe the shave I got.

Top Bottom