What's new

Me and Simpson shaving brushes a long journey with a happy ending

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Any brush strokes with too much pressure can be damaging but light circular swirling motions need not be and are perfectly acceptable. Mark Watterson from Simpson has confirmed as much on this very web site. The paintbrush type strokes recommended by Simpson are purely advisory I think. At any rate, damage or not, I love swirling. 👍

ah, very good! I don't swirl a synthetic; I grind them! :lol: I'm afraid of messing up this expensive brush. :lol: Thanks.

I did enjoy the Simpson pictogram instructions of the guy doing it the wrong way; he loses his happy smile! :punk:

AA

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Any brush strokes with too much pressure can be damaging but light circular swirling motions need not be and are perfectly acceptable. Mark Watterson from Simpson has confirmed as much on this very web site. The paintbrush type strokes recommended by Simpson are purely advisory I think. At any rate, damage or not, I love swirling. 👍

Me, too. It a shaving brush. All manufacturers say - could it be CYA - not to swirl! Most are not assuming everyone has as many brushes as most gentlemen on this board.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I apply lather in a back and forth paintbrush manner much more than I did years ago, and I exclusively face lather. I might make a few spins to get started, or again after introducing a few more drops of water into the brush, but I quickly change to paintbrush strokes.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Me, too. It is a shaving brush. All manufacturers say - could it be CYA - not to swirl! Most are not assuming everyone has as many brushes as most gentlemen on this board.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There is some witchery in a Simpson; I have many such accoutrements yet I keep using this KH3. Hmmm .....

KH3.jpg

AA

It's a great journey...

Having gotten a Trafalgar T3 last month - and really liking it - decided to spring for a real Simpson :lol: on Black Friday, the Keyhole KH3 Best Badger.

Cannot put it down! 21mm knot is small for me, but 46mm loft does the trick! The Keyhole ergos are simply the best, love the shape. Agree they are lather-eaters, hence the utility of the smaller knot. Pure quality; amazing, this brush.

AA
The Superior Shave has a few closeout sale for keyhole. Good luck.

Top Bottom