What's new

Me and my stupid butter fingers

Last week, Friday early morning shave is done.
Going through the clean up.
And this happens.
butter01.jpg

butter02.jpg

It upsets me because this was a generous gift from many moons ago.
Just being a little too careless.
Lesson learned.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ugh
Sorry!
I feel your pain also
In addition to alum blocks meeting the tile floor i had a brand spanking new bottle of a&e aftershave leave my butter fingers. What a mess!
I also have learned that watches don't necessarily get along with tile floors
But as you say hopefully lesson learned but that was a cool b&b tub!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yes, that does look fixable! There look to be very few chips in your basin, there. Scars make for better stories!

Sorry!!

The worst part is that there is only one person to blame (and I know that feeling.) The best part is that it looks fixable.

Very sorry for your loss. I would certainly try fixing it. But instead of super glue, I would use a stronger adhesive. I would use JB Weld. It's a much stronger glue than super glue.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Been there, done that .... but with a 1 of 3 limited production Benton Clay lather bowl. "Heartbreaking" does not begin to describe the hollow in the pit of your stomach when something like this happens.

That's a shame, sorry about that. Things things happen I suposup, but as members have said. It does look fixable. If you haven't thrown the pieces away of course... I also wouldn't use super glue. I've tried using it on ceramics before and it holds, but isn't very strong for something you're going to he lathering in. I'd recommend a 2-part epoxy, such as JB Weld ClearWeld, because it's designed to be used on ceramics and is applied using a syringe which makes it easier to use.

Let us know if you repair it.

Very sorry for your loss. I would certainly try fixing it. But instead of super glue, I would use a stronger adhesive. I would use JB Weld. It's a much stronger glue than super glue.

Ditto JB Weld over superglue for this. The broken surface looks porous, and superglue won't work well on that. OTOH, mug handles I've repaired with JB Weld shows dark gray seams, so maybe a clear epoxy would be better.

Mix some gold-ish (or mica) powder into the epoxy first.

Kintsugi (金継ぎ, "golden joinery"), also known as Kintsukuroi (金繕い, "golden repair"), is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum, a method similar to the maki-e technique. As a philosophy, it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise.
-wikpedia-​

example:
proxy.php

Any raised bead from the epoxy oozing out can only improve it as a lather bowl.

Mix some gold-ish (or mica) powder into the epoxy first.

Kintsugi (金継ぎ, "golden joinery"), also known as Kintsukuroi (金繕い, "golden repair"), is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum, a method similar to the maki-e technique. As a philosophy, it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise.
-wikpedia-​

example:
proxy.php

Any raised bead from the epoxy oozing out can only improve it as a lather bowl.

I love this! Kinda like tattooing over a scar! :D

Top Bottom