What's new

MdC, Wow!

Just tried a sample of MdC recently acquired off BST. I have to say, it lathered quickly and produced a ton of creamy foam with minimal loading. I made some extra effort to load given I am working with a sample in a 1" mini tub the size of a Carmex container, but it still wasn't a lot. Great shave and post feel. I was using "Original," which is a lovely enough scent, though I would probably prefer the Vetyver. In any event, I was impressed. The sample will last me a long time and I will definitely consider buying more after my current soap collection dwindles down a fair bit more. Very very good stuff. For those who will ask, my brush was a Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic tuxedo.

Just tried a sample of MdC recently acquired off BST. I have to say, it lathered quickly and produced a ton of creamy foam with minimal loading. I made some extra effort to load given I am working with a sample in a 1" mini tub the size of a Carmex container, but it still wasn't a lot. Great shave and post feel. I was using "Original," which is a lovely enough scent, though I would probably prefer the Vetyver. In any event, I was impressed. The sample will last me a long time and I will definitely consider buying more after my current soap collection dwindles down a fair bit more. Very very good stuff. For those who will ask, my brush was a Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic tuxedo.
Just take the soap out of the tiny container and put it into another larger one. You'll enjoy using the soap a lot more.

MdC is exceptional. A little goes a long way. Those small sample sizes can be a pain to use in the original container. The original scent is the only one that I’ve tried and enjoyed it so much that I finally ordered the full size version. It’s easily the top performing soap I have. As to the drying of the skin I haven’t had any problems with it

Martin de candre is great soap made by great family. Some people say it can be drying the skin a little post shave. No big deal a little balm and go about your business.
I guess it depends --

The only way it would feel drying is if enough product is not used. It seems to leave a nice post shave feel for me.

That said, I know that when I tried SJOL, it would leave my skin with some kind of residue. Maybe some folks prefer that feel and/or if that is what they are used to then they might consider MdC as having a dry post shave feel.

I’ve got full tubs of all five of the scented MdC soaps. Even if I were forty years younger, I would have a lifetime supply of MdC, my favorite soap. It’s also the easiest to lather among my rather large collection.
What’s your favorite scent?

MDC is a ridiculously high quality soap that fires on all cylinders for me! Congrats on getting some!

I have had them all, and I kept the Fougere, the Agrumes, and Vetyver.

I like the Vetyver best, and I think it makes the creamiest lather of the bunch!

Vr

Matt
7A352FF7-754A-4372-B22F-78FBEED4F2ED.jpeg
F0FEDA10-60EB-4617-9B38-A4CEE8408495.jpeg
26F07C67-82F0-4B11-BD31-35931C4DB310.jpeg
3EE47833-80B3-4DF6-A953-FC7CAACAD478.jpeg

MDC is a ridiculously high quality soap that fires on all cylinders for me! Congrats on getting some!

I have had them all, and I kept the Fougere, the Agrumes, and Vetyver.

I like the Vetyver best, and I think it makes the creamiest lather of the bunch!

About how many minutes you think it takes to whip up that lather?

Top Bottom