What's new

MdC, Wow!

MdC is my favorite because it leaves my skin smoother than any other soap I've tried to date, almost like it's dusting my skin with talcum powder. The subtle levels of scent is probably closer to shaving soaps of way back when, unlike a lot of more pungent soaps nowadays that give me an olfactory sucker-punch.

In any event, I was impressed. The sample will last me a long time and I will definitely consider buying more after my current soap collection dwindles down a fair bit more. Very very good stuff.

I enjoyed using Martin de Candre shaving soaps when I had them. Among the Neutral, Vétyver, Fougère, and Agrumes that I used, I liked the Fougère best. But when In February 2020 the time came to move house overseas there was only so much that would fit into the two shipping containers and, among others, the Martin de Candre soaps did not make it.

Recently I was tempted again to order a Martin de Candre Fougere shaving soap, but when I looked at the price I decided that while it was a very good shaving soap, it was not that good…

And before some cannot resist the urge to mention it: As I had four of them, I do know how long they last. :001_cool:

B.

I ordered the rose in a wooden bowl yesterday. I’m looking forward to using it. The last rose thing I tried was Trumpers cream, and it smelled like old lady perfume. It was quickly dumped.

I don't understand why people try loading directly out of the little sample jar.
Because its not THAT bad and because I don't know how the soap acts and prefer not to scoop an arbitrary amount. And I don't like scooping and having bits of soap that just swish around with the brush instead of coating the bristles and whipping up into lather.

About how many minutes you think it takes to whip up that lather?
Not long at all…1-2 minutes on the soap, and then I take what’s inside the container and in the brush, and then face lather until I have the consistency that I want.

Vr

Matt

I do about 10 + seconds on the puck followed by a few minutes in the scuttle. It's worth every minute. Rose is a year-round scent for me. Fougere is a very bright, airy fougere that is best suited for warmer weather IMHO.

Recently I was tempted again to order a Martin de Candre Fougere shaving soap, but when I looked at the price I decided that while it was a very good shaving soap, it was not that good…

That's what I thought. Have you checked the price at Gifts and Care?

Approx. how long is the face lather phase?

I probably do 2 minutes total of load + face lather and the resulting lather is no where near as creamy.
Hmmmm…I don’t know how long I spend on face lathering…I just do it until the jobs done…adding a little water at a time until it’s right. It isn’t noticeably longer than most other soaps I use.

Vr

Matt

Outstanding soap, used it tonight.
IMG_1705.jpg

That's what I thought. Have you checked the price at Gifts and Care?

The one… :thumbup1:

Prices are slightly higher than the Savonnerie Martin de Candre store but, unlike Martin de Candre, Gifts & Care offer free shipping (to where I live) at a fairly low amount and they have an impeccable service.

I am not ruling out that one day I might order a Martin de Candre shaving soap again, but right now I quite like the shaving soaps that I have (which are already too much :cool:).

B.

Top Bottom