What's new

MdC vs Pannacrema

A pea-sized amount of this soap will suffice.

I'll second this. A pea size amount would be about right.

I personally don't find that anything special needs to be done to lather PannaCrema Nuavia. Using the full size container, I just load my brush on the puck like any other soap, and when I did have a sample of it, I just smeared some in the bottom of a bowl. Either method works fine. PannaCrema's instructions seem to overcomplicate the process.

I'll second this. A pea size amount would be about right.

I personally don't find that anything special needs to be done to lather PannaCrema Nuavia. Using the full size container, I just load my brush on the puck like any other soap, and when I did have a sample of it, I just smeared some in the bottom of a bowl. Either method works fine. PannaCrema's instructions seem to overcomplicate the process.
I thought it being a softer soap, this was not recommended.

I thought it being a softer soap, this was not recommended.

Perhaps not recommended anymore, but it used to be, and it works fine. Back when I got mine, the instructions said to swirl your brush on the soap about 40 times. It never used to talk about removing the product and using an exact amount of soap to water ratio.

I'm not sure why they changed the instructions. Perhaps they were getting complaints that were caused by people leaving water on the soap. I make sure there's no standing water left on the soap after I'm done loading my brush since it seems that could affect a softer soap more than a hard one.

Perhaps not recommended anymore, but it used to be, and it works fine. Back when I got mine, the instructions said to swirl your brush on the soap about 40 times. It never used to talk about removing the product and using an exact amount of soap to water ratio.

I'm not sure why they changed the instructions. Perhaps they were getting complaints that were caused by people leaving water on the soap. I make sure there's no standing water left on the soap after I'm done loading my brush since it seems that could affect a softer soap more than a hard one.

My three Nuavias had the same instructions as yours. I bought mine several years ago. None of them are what I consider "soft." Perhaps the formula has been tweaked since then...

My three Nuavias had the same instructions as yours. I bought mine several years ago. None of them are what I consider "soft." Perhaps the formula has been tweaked since then...

Yeah, my Blu is a couple years old and is pretty firm. It's soft enough that you can dent it with your finger or scrape some out, but there's certainly a lot softer soaps out there.

French and Italian artisan soaps are the best!
I even guite enjoy the old Pannacrema which I have in stock.

I think I will make Pannacrema Rossa my first soap purchase when I run out in about 2026 or so and I'm allowed to re-up by the terms of the restraints and sabbaticals I'm in.
You should run out and get it now just in case they go out of business or discontinue it. :D

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
You should run out and get it now just in case they go out of business or discontinue it. :D
LOL. Along with Palmolive, several blades that have gone out of production and several soaps that will be reformulated for the worse any time now!

I just received all my 4 samples for Pannacrema Nuvia from Shavedash. I won't be using them till tomorrow (or later) this week but the scent for each and every one of those samples blows away any of the scents of the MdC's. I have all of the MdC's (sample) except for the Rose. I didn't mind the Argumes, Original and Fougere but they were fairly neutral scents to me. Not a fan of the Vetyver at all. My wife disliked each and every one of them.

She was the complete opposite on the Pannacrema's though. Liked each and every one of them and even rated them for me, LOL. I am actually excited about trying these now and hope that they perform as well as they smell .. :D

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I just received all my 4 samples for Pannacrema Nuvia from Shavedash. I won't be using them till tomorrow (or later) this week but the scent for each and every one of those samples blows away any of the scents of the MdC's. I have all of the MdC's (sample) except for the Rose. I didn't mind the Argumes, Original and Fougere but they were fairly neutral scents to me. Not a fan of the Vetyver at all. My wife disliked each and every one of them.

She was the complete opposite on the Pannacrema's though. Liked each and every one of them and even rated them for me, LOL. I am actually excited about trying these now and hope that they perform as well as they smell .. :D
You have great taste, Akshay!

You have great taste, Akshay!

Ha ha. I don't know about that but my wife did pick me. So either she screwed up or it is the alternative .. ;)
I love that dusty smell. Are the Pannacrema a lot stronger scented than the MdC's? One of the thing I like about MdC is it's a sort of subtle scent.

I definitely think that samples of Pannacrema I got are a lot stronger than the MdC's. I would not call it subtle. Infact I think it might be one of the strongest scents right out of the container.

Just to add some more info, this is how my wife ranked the scents:

Blu > Verde > Nera > Rosa

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Ha ha. I don't know about that but my wife did pick me. So either she screwed up or it is the alternative .. ;)

I definitely think that samples of Pannacrema I got are a lot stronger than the MdC's. I would not call it subtle. Infact I think it might be one of the strongest scents right out of the container.

Just to add some more info, this is how my wife ranked the scents:

Blu > Verde > Nera > Rosa
I like the smell of roses, but I've never really been a fan of any rose scented soap. They all seem too strong compared to a real rose.

Can either of you chaps that have tried the Nera, try to describe or compare the scent? I have samples of the Blu and Rossa. The Blu is wonderful. The Rossa is OK I guess.

Can either of you chaps that have tried the Nera, try to describe or compare the scent? I have samples of the Blu and Rossa. The Blu is wonderful. The Rossa is OK I guess.
I tried the Nera today actually. I am terrible with scents so won't be able to help out much with it. But it was a complex and yet very pleasant scent to me. Their description (on the site) has a lot of components listed there but I was curious (after your question) as to what I could really identify. So I did a quick sniff test. These are the things I felt I could identify.

Mandarin
Lavender
Cardamom
Sandalwood
Jasmine
Vanilla

There are some other things there too I may have sniffed but have no idea what they are. Eg: I don't know what Amber, White musk, Aretemesia, Sea note, etc. smell like .. :)

I tried the Nera today actually. I am terrible with scents so won't be able to help out much with it. But it was a complex and yet very pleasant scent to me. Their description (on the site) has a lot of components listed there but I was curious (after your question) as to what I could really identify. So I did a quick sniff test. These are the things I felt I could identify.

Mandarin
Lavender
Cardamom
Sandalwood
Jasmine
Vanilla

There are some other things there too I may have sniffed but have no idea what they are. Eg: I don't know what Amber, White musk, Aretemesia, Sea note, etc. smell like .. :)

Thank you. I know what you mean. I am terrible at describing scents.
I know if I like and I know if I don’t.

Top Bottom