What's new

MdC Original or Vetiver

I want to get another MdC soap, but can't decide between MdC Original or their Vetiver soap. Which has the better scent to your nose? I have their Fougere and it's top notch in scent appeal in my opinion.

The original scent is a greater contrast to fougere than vetiver, if you are looking for something different. I prefer the vetiver, though both are nice.

I have the original. The scent, for me, is very mild.

Interesting. Most people consider it a strong lavender. Some find it overbearing. I find it to be quite intense. Vetiver is milder.

The original scent is a greater contrast to fougere than vetiver, if you are looking for something different. I prefer the vetiver, though both are nice.

Interesting. Most people consider it a strong lavender. Some find it overbearing. I find it to be quite intense. Vetiver is milder.
Perhaps it's because mine is three years old! The soap lasts a VERY long time.

Both are good. I started with unscented and after trying almost all the scents via their envelopes, I decided to go original this time. The vetyver was a bit strong for me, very incense like. Among the newer scents I would prefer agrumes.

Both are excellent for me and both different from Fougere (which is the only one I didn't like so far).

Original is perhaps a bit safer bet to buy blindly since it's just a bit more "plain", though very nice, clean and fresh scent.

IMO you really can't go wrong with either, both great and fresh scents.

Is this "vetyver" like any other vetiver in scent?

From whatever little I've experienced with vetiver, the vetyver is nothing like it. It is very strong and incense-like, not in a bad way, just very strong. If you like subtle scents like the original, then agrumes would be a better alternative. That has a more subtle scent. If you prefer the fougere, then you are likely to appreciate the vetyver more.

Let's put it this way -- when I ordered a fougere envelope in a package that included 3 other envelopes of different scents (vetyver, original, agrumes) all I could smell in the package was the fougere. Next time I ordered some more envelopes, this time just agrumes and vetyver, and all I could smell was the vetyver.

In the end I decided to go with a jar of the original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom