What's new

MdC - Original or Rose?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Original is Lavender, eucalyptus, thyme. No mint, but it’s a fresh pungent scent
Thanks. It’s the eucalyptus that’s giving me the nose clearing part of the scent. It’s not like I don’t like it but before I rebuy I will get sample of the rest of the line and pick a favorite.

If this soap dries a bit I don’t notice. My skin tends to the oily side.

I've done a weeks worth of lather tests and there is jot even a dent.......and this using a chubby 3. I know others have said this, but so easy to lather from a small load!

I've only tried the rose and I find it a very nice scent. It's kind of a sweet, slightly vanilla type rose, I think from benzoin. If there was a rose pudding, I'd expect it to smell just like this! This is what I pictured the first time I used it...
If you like rose scents, I expect you will like it.
Enjoy!

Original is Lavender, eucalyptus, thyme. No mint, but it’s a fresh pungent scent
It's mostly lavender, IMO. I agree it's pungent but it's one of the best lavenders i've ever smelled.

I only have the original right now. Just yesterday I was just looking at picking up a small jar of of either agrumes or fougere. I still can't decide. :(

It's mostly lavender, IMO. I agree it's pungent but it's one of the best lavenders i've ever smelled.

I only have the original right now. Just yesterday I was just looking at picking up a small jar of of either agrumes or fougere. I still can't decide. :(

I have original, Fougère, and agumes. Like agumes the best. And west coast had it on sale for $50 last night when I was looking.

I'm late to the party since you already ordered Rose @McNutt

I've tried all of them and only one I didn't keep is Fougere, it just wasn't right scent for me.
I think you will like Rose, I know I do. I just don't really get what I'd expect to be a rose scent. It's clean, fresh, very pleasing scent, but I'm really struggling to find rose somewhere in there.

My favorite MDC scent by far is Original.

i got my order yesterday for my missing mdc scents and now i have all 5. this morning i used the rose. its a very pleasant rose scent and works as nicely as all the rest. personally i like them all but prefer their original the least since it seems to have that vapo-rub component the strongest.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am more than a year in using only MdC!! It is spectacular!!
But I really prefer Tabac!!

So interesting how we all perceive scents differently. I just got a small jar of rose over Black Friday. I don’t like the scent at all. It reminds me of b&m lyssa which smells like dead flowers. It almost smells like hair spray at a smoky wig shop. Gross to my nose.

FWIW,My favorite rose scent is saponificio varesino tundra artica. Gorgeous.

i got my order yesterday for my missing mdc scents and now i have all 5. this morning i used the rose. its a very pleasant rose scent and works as nicely as all the rest. personally i like them all but prefer their original the least since it seems to have that vapo-rub component the strongest.

Exactly! I’ve also got all five, and Original is my least favorite (though not quite as bad as Vick’s to my nose). In the shaving world, only Proraso Green truly evokes Vapo-Rub, which is why I PIF’d it after one use...

I am more than a year in using only MdC!! It is spectacular!!
But I really prefer Tabac!!

It’s too bad you’re stuck with only one scent, Marty. Maybe next time you should have the PIF entrants guess how long it will take you to get through five fresh tubs of MdC—if I win, one of my grown boys, or their children, will get to enjoy the prize through my will!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That’s true!! It would take forever!!

It’s too bad you’re stuck with only one scent, Marty. Maybe next time you should have the PIF entrants guess how long it will take you to get through five fresh tubs of MdC—if I win, one of my grown boys, or their children, will get to enjoy the prize through my will!

today i used the original scent and its fine and i will definitely use it happily. i just prefer the agrumes scent since i do like fruit scented items.

So interesting how we all perceive scents differently. I just got a small jar of rose over Black Friday. I don’t like the scent at all. It reminds me of b&m lyssa which smells like dead flowers. It almost smells like hair spray at a smoky wig shop. Gross to my nose.

FWIW,My favorite rose scent is saponificio varesino tundra artica. Gorgeous.

Update, shaved with my mdc rose. Still not crazy about the scent, but the hype is real, performance-wise. Really great soap.

Top Bottom