What's new

MdC - Original or Rose?

I'm going to buy another tub of MdC. I've heard that the original smells of mint. Can anyone confirm this? I HATE mint, so that would be a deal breaker and I would get the rose if so.

Anyone have both?

Thank you

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm going to buy another tub of MdC. I've heard that the original smells of mint. Can anyone confirm this? I HATE mint, so that would be a deal breaker and I would get the rose if so.

Anyone have both?

Thank you

I have only the Fougère (which I love both for the scent and for the performance of the soap during the shave). Like you, I wouldn't want mint. I've heard good things about the rose, but not smelled it.

So, I'm interested, too.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Grabbed my original. Never really picked up on mint. Yes, there is a very slight mint, but it's faint and in the background to me. But, if you are mint averse get the rose. I have a sample of the Vetiver that I prefer a little to the original, so when I replace, I'll probably go rose or vetiver myself. I do like original though as well. My nose is not that a perfume maker so I may be picking up a menthol-ish scent or eucalyptic scent and saying mint. There is something there. Perhaps others with better noses may reply.

I get no mint from MdC. I 3017ed a jar and will never buy it again. After a while it reminded me of creosote when using it daily.

I’ve learned that the only way to honestly know if you like a product is to use it daily for an extended period of time (months).

I never got mint unless they changed the formulation or the prolonged use killed my sense of smell. Which is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I think I'll stick with the rose.

Fougere is just amazing. It's my favorite soap by a wide margin.

I have just bought the rose, my first tub of this brand. It is a very, Very nice rose scent, Very natural and not at all overpowering. I usually get irritation from scented soaps, so was wary of this. However, It is superb.
I find that the better soaps are very kind to my skin. Perhaps they have better quality oils etc.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Thanks. I think I'll stick with the rose.

Fougere is just amazing. It's my favorite soap by a wide margin.
That is the safe bet. It's a lot of money to throw down and decide you don't like it. Some sites have samples and that would also be a safe route to go.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Original is Lavender, eucalyptus, thyme. No mint, but it’s a fresh pungent scent

Here's a link to a vendor of samples. According to this vendor's scent description the original does have mint.

I've not read widely about the scent of the original nor have I smelled it. My only experience with MdC has been with the great performing and very beautiful smelling Fougère.

A good while back I ordered a number of samples of the most expensive soaps, soaps I'd never dream of ordering a jar of without trying them and smelling them first. It was very instructive. Not all of the super expensive soaps impressed me as being all that much if any better than similar but less expensive soaps.

HyaluronicAcidForFaces.480.jpgDragonsbeard.SkinFoodSplash.480.9-26-19.JPG

MdC did impress, and it continues to impress. I have dry skin. MdC may be slightly drying to the skin, but I've found products which take care of that problem for me and allow me to use MdC without ending up with dry skin and/or discomfort.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Original, Fougere, and Vetiver are the ones I have. I'd be happy if they were the only soaps I owned. When I reorder, it will be a Fougere brain bowl.

I ordered the rose last night from The English Shaving Company. Thanks for the opinions, gentlemen.

Top Bottom