What's new

MDC Monday

MDC Monday Original 👌🇲🇫

Hopefully one day MDC will launch an aftershave to compliment their soaps not holding my breath for it though
20210301_190615.jpg

Original v. (Martin de Candre) lavender rosemary

March was going to be set aside for Meißner Tremonia, but I just might have to switch it to Martin de Candre instead. This little 50g scrap of Original is tenacious stuff. I’ve been chipping away at it for over a year, and still it lingers. It’s time to put the hammer down and plow through what’s left. 3017 or bust.

Original 50g, Martin de Candre.png

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
MdC Monday
Razor: RazoRock Wunderbar (TiBam Ti Antique Handle)
Blade: Silver Star (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (IBO) AS3M Handle (Mühle 25mm Silvertip Fibre (STF) Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20210301_173926~2.jpg

MdC is outstanding soap! :cool:

Original v. (Martin de Candre) lavender rosemary

I really wish I had started off my double-edged shaving adventure with a great soap like Original. If there’s one mistake I made early on, it was to try to shave on the cheap. I bought tiny brushes, tinny razors, and lackluster soaps. The result was a mediocre shave. Now I’ve learned the importance of investing in a good soap, and it’s made all the difference. My other gear is still on the cheap side, but when it comes to soap, I like to reach for the best.

Original, Martin de Candre.png

I’m moving heavily into MdC territory- just ordered the Rose, already have the Vetiver and the Fougères. Think I’m set for a few years. A Cella and a SV Cubebe rounds out my shelf. Am I missing anything?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
MdC Monday
shave 20210308.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Sabre L2
Blade: Personna GEM (6)
Brush: Zenith B34 Butterscotch 'Chubby' (28mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Outstanding! :cool:

I’m moving heavily into MdC territory- just ordered the Rose, already have the Vetiver and the Fougères. Think I’m set for a few years. A Cella and a SV Cubebe rounds out my shelf. Am I missing anything?
I don't have the Vetiver, probably next on the list but I really like the original. But like you said you're good for few years. ( Got rose, agrumes, fougère, original).

Chubby 3 ! Thats a good way to go through it haha. After 10 shaves in one of my tube its still like new.
I bought 5 tubs (original, argumes, rose, vetiver, and fougere)and have only opened the original. I have been using the original pretty much every day for over 6 months, and I've only used about 60% of the tub, so I think I'll be ok[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom