What's new

MDC Monday

MDC Monday
Great shave, great lather. Loaded for a bit too long ( 30 secs ) so had lather for 1 more pass than needed. Gillette Wilkinson sword on 11th shave.
Happy MDC Monday!
IMG_20210215_103637.jpg

Fougère v. (Martin de Candre) peppery fougère

How do I know when my Fougère lather is ready? That’s easy. If I can still hold onto my brush, I haven’t added enough water. But when the lather becomes so slick and drippy that I need a pair of gloves to keep my grip, that’s when I know I’m reading for shearing.

Fougère Label, Martin de Candre.png

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20210215
MdC Monday
shave 20210215.jpg

Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: Personna GEM (4)
Brush: RazoRock Butterscotch Beehive (28mm Plissoft knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Floïd Vigoroso

MdC Rocks! :punk: :cool:

Eben Stone

Staff member
Preshave: Proraso red
Soap: MDC original
Brush: Mühle Vivo black fiber v2
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3-OC
Blade: Feather AC professional #19
Aftershave: B&M reserve

Cold water shave against 48 hour whiskers. Close and zero alum burn. Skin feels fantastic.

Preshave: Proraso red
Soap: MDC original
Brush: Mühle Vivo black fiber v2
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3-OC
Blade: Feather AC professional #19
Aftershave: B&M reserve

Cold water shave against 48 hour whiskers. Close and zero alum burn. Skin feels fantastic.
May I know which scent is your B&M AS that you used with Mdc Original? Thanks

Vétyver v. (Martin de Candre) light vetiver

I’m growing fond of this light and easy vetiver. There’s only a hint of smoke and oil. Mostly it’s a clean and friendly interpretation of the actual root. All this scent really lacks is the wispy, hay-like smell of dried vetiver grass.

20210228_152757-01-01.jpeg

Had my first shave EVER with MdC today.

Overall, it's been a nice and flawless shave with MdC Agrumes.
I enjoyed the scent (you literally can smell the quality of the integredients, though the scent unfortunately is rather muted).
Post shave quality was good, too. (Btw, the scent of Agrumes paires nicely with Speick Men Active ASL.)

However, tbh, I am a bit disappointed since I did not notice any benefit in terms of performance in comparision to other soap brands I regularly use (say B&M, A&E, Stirling, Tabac, SV, LPL...). But MdC is in their league (or vice versa), so there is no reason to complain from my end, but I expected just a tad "more".

Don't get me wrong... I enjoyed the shave - and this is what finally matters, I guess :thumbsup:

Have some nice MdC shaves today!

Top Bottom