What's new

MDC Fougere vs Barrister & mann Fougere Angelique

Hi all
Just a quick question I'm looking to pick up a nice fougere scented soap but I'm a little in doubt whether to go with Martin de Candre or Barrister and mann so if there's anyone that tried them both let me know what you think about them
Thx in advance ✌

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I loved the scent of MdC, but something in the vegan formula irritated my face. B&M is, of course, tallow-based. You might also want to look into McNeil & Murphy ‘Green Man’. It’s a very pleasant fougere with outstanding performance.

I loved the scent of MdC, but something in the vegan formula irritated my face. B&M is, of course, tallow-based. You might also want to look into McNeil & Murphy ‘Green Man’. It’s a very pleasant fougere with outstanding performance.
Just had a look, very tempting however with the added shipping cost to Europe its $38

On the other hand, I have no experience with MdC, but have Fougere Angelique from B&M. It was recommended by a friend who spoke highly of B&M's Fougere scents and told me that based on what I liked, that it would be right up my alley. Man oh man... it is.

Fougere Gothique, not so much, but Angelique is fantastic. I'd be interested in seeing/smelling some of their other scents.

On the other hand, I have no experience with MdC, but have Fougere Angelique from B&M. It was recommended by a friend who spoke highly of B&M's Fougere scents and told me that based on what I liked, that it would be right up my alley. Man oh man... it is.

Fougere Gothique, not so much, but Angelique is fantastic. I'd be interested in seeing/smelling some of their other scents.
Got B&M Seville and waves reserve both are top notch in performance and scent 👌

interesting...
I like the heavy dark of gothique more than angelique (which has a 7up/lemon-lime scent to me). Mine are the maggard set versions

Ive only tried original mdc

I have both of them. They are both so nice I couldn’t pick between them.

Angelique is a little sweeter and fruitier than your average fougere. And, Barrister and Mann just released a matching Edp.

I think you’ll be happy with either choice.

Do you still have the MdC? Leaving the jar open for a day or so might help with irritation. It might just be the concentration of essential oils which wears off when left open. At least that is what did it for me.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Do you still have the MdC? Leaving the jar open for a day or so might help with irritation. It might just be the concentration of essential oils which wears off when left open. At least that is what did it for me.
D’oh!! Next time ....

Top Bottom