What's new

Mazzer Super Jolly Doserless Conversion

Do you use them all the time?

I use the cylinder every time. If I don't, I get a real mess :sad:

proxy.php

I use the cylinder every time. If I don't, I get a real mess :sad:

proxy.php
Ahh I see...and I understand! I've been using my setup a bit more(without a cylinder) and it puts coffee all over the place as soon as the pf is lowered a bit... :(

Do also clean up the chute every time because of grinds left behind?

Ahh I see...and I understand! I've been using my setup a bit more(without a cylinder) and it puts coffee all over the place as soon as the pf is lowered a bit... :(

Do also clean up the chute every time because of grinds left behind?

I use the astat screen so there is no way to clean the cute other than shoving a vacuum hose in the top when it is completely empty of beans (which is hardly ever)

SO...

No, I don't clean it out.

Haha yeah I use the vacuum to clean mine from time to time as well. Otherwise I usually get most of the last grains with a butter knife or something. It really sucks to that grains always get stuck there!

I use the astat screen so there is no way to clean the cute other than shoving a vacuum hose in the top when it is completely empty of beans (which is hardly ever)

SO...

No, I don't clean it out.

Haha yeah I use the vacuum to clean mine from time to time as well. Otherwise I usually get most of the last grains with a butter knife or something. It really sucks to that grains always get stuck there!

That all depends.

If you are time based dosing (grinding for a set time and getting a set throw weight) you need the cute FULL grind after grind, otherwise your throw weight is all over the place.

I have my consistency down to within 0.2 gram which is close enough for me. I do this by not disturbing the grounds in the cute and make sure the grinder runs for exactly the same amount of time each and every grind (for the beans and roast in the grinder at the time)

When I change beans (different beans or different roast of the same bean) I have to dig out the scale and reset the time to the weight I am after (15 grams for a double). this takes 2 or 3 attempts BUT once the time is set, the consistency for that entire roast of beans is 0.2 grams time after time.

At the start of the day I run the grinder for 10 seconds to "shove out" the grounds from the previous day so that I start with fresh ground on the first pull. Once I have started I keep pulling shots until I am done for the day.

proxy.php

a little over 3 years since modifying my Mazzer and I am still just as satisfied with the performance as the day I started it.

Top Bottom