What's new

Maybe someone can recommend a splash - "Hemingway" Bay Rum, Mojito, Cigar scent

I hope the title would provide sufficient clarity. I'm looking for a spring/summer splash that emits an Ernest Hemingway aura. I'm thinking of some sort of bay rum, Cuban cigar, lime, mojito, daquiri like concoction. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Barberry Coast's "Havannah" looks like it would fit the bill, but at $35 a bottle, it, unfortunately, is out of my price range.

Thank you all for any suggestions.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I hope the title would provide sufficient clarity. I'm looking for a spring/summer splash that emits an Ernest Hemingway aura. I'm thinking of some sort of bay rum, Cuban cigar, lime, mojito, daquiri like concoction. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Barberry Coast's "Havannah" looks like it would fit the bill, but at $35 a bottle, it, unfortunately, is out of my price range.

For Cigar, I would suggest Bootlegger's Perfecto, but sourcing some of the aftershaves to make it is almost impossible as of late. For the Lime, I would also suggest, Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum. It is a Bay Rum & Lime but the lime is more of a pezzy, fizzy, uplifting lime, instead of a darker, earthier lime, which gives it that mojito, daquiri, kinda... Thing. :)

I've been tinkering with making my own aftershaves right now, I need to get some tobacco essential oil and I could definitely try this one next!

Waiting for a bottle of Alt Innsbruck which is Tobacco flower & Menthol.
I might mix it up with a bit of Bay Rum to see if it works.
Still need to get that vegtable glycerin though...

Your description reminded me little of WSP's Blackbeard. But the price (Scented to Order AS Splash) is about $28, so may also be off the table. From their website: " To create Blackbeard, we started with tobacco, then added some cherry, vanilla, patchouli, cloves, and other spices ". No lime, but the cherry adds some color.

Sometimes I throw some Pinaud Lime Sec in my hand with another AS (like a Bay Rum) to get the lime notes. That might be a good inexpensive Lime addition option.

I'm looking for a spring/summer splash that emits an Ernest Hemingway aura.

Douse yourself with your intended concoction, in a few days,
and give this a watch:

I don't think you can go wrong with Hemingway aftershave. Crown Shaving Co. has an excellent aftershave
IMG_1045.JPG
as well.

Mickey Lee's "Grand Havana". Unfortunately no longer available - I'm going to really miss it when it's used up.

Douse yourself with your intended concoction, in a few days,
and give this a watch:

I want to thank you for the heads up. I missed the beginning of this but I was able to get the PBS Video APP on my iPhone and SmartCast the first episode to my TV. Very enlightening.

Top Bottom