What's new

Maybe one more Pistol

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Wow, I thought there was a ton of love for Wesson pistols.
I really like the weight and feel of 1911's.
Love my 45acps but none are bottom feeders.

proxy.php

But it is a Wesson.

Now my Monson Dan Wesson 15-2 is a whole different critter and maybe my favorite plinker when shooting out towards the berms.

proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I wish that were true!

I seem to be able to manage my wants vs needs.
After all, these are not the cost of razors, stones and strops.
Rifles are even harder to justify if I do not hunt.

I was being literal. Rifles take up more room. You can always squeeze one more pistol into the gunsafe!

AA

Ok finally made a decision.
It seems everything I was looking at was becoming harder to attain. Colt gold cup, S&W performance center......
Was seriously considering the Sig match elite in 9mm but I already have a Sig 1911 in 45.
The decision is a tough one being 1911 so a Wesson PM9 is on route.
I say on route but here in Canada it may be a few months.
Hope it rocks my world.

1625002515146.png

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Ok finally made a decision.
It seems everything I was looking at was becoming harder to attain. Colt gold cup, S&W performance center......
Was seriously considering the Sig match elite in 9mm but I already have a Sig 1911 in 45.
The decision is a tough one being 1911 so a Wesson PM9 is on route.
I say on route but here in Canada it may be a few months.
Hope it rocks my world.

View attachment 1289344

Sweet! I have a PM-45, and it's one heck of a 1911. Congrats!

I have two stainless Colt Gold Cup's one a 10mm Delta model, and right now cannot remember the name but one of the high end Kimber target models in .45 acp. They have always performed perfectly, no jams or malfunctions of any kind. I can also say the same about my customized Browning Hi Power. I like the way the Browning fits my hand better.

Colt Gold Cups are about the same price and only come with 1 mag and they are never available.
Really wanted a 1911 in 9mm. The Wesson LASD is a little cheaper but is an older model - pre 2020 upgrades.

The Pointman9 is still in their arsenal.
Good and bad wherever you look regarding any MFG. Hopefully this will work like my sig 1911, with is like a swiss watch.

I had an initial run of the Dan Wesson Patriots, government, .45ACP when Bob Serva ran the company back in early 2000's. Only cost me $525.00 , ran like a dream, smooth, reliable, carbon blued. The only pistol I truly regret ever selling as I tried to carry it, even in Milt Sparks leather, but at 40oz plus ammo, a tad too heavy for me.

Everything I own is for range only. Up here in the North that's the only place you are allowed to discharge a handgun.
The weight then becomes a non issue. I like the extra weight for shooting but would not want to carry a full size 1911 regularly.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I have a Sig P320 AXG Scorpion and love it. It has the Legion X5 trigger group and I love it! You might want to look at the P320 AXG Pro. Longer barrel, skeletonized slide, metal frame, Legion FCU, and optics ready.

Just one more pistol? Mine would have to be the Colt .45 cal Texas Ranger Edition with the display case. A more beautiful pistol has not been made. Two problems though. They are rare and it’s hard to find one for sale and when you do, you have to take out a second mortgage to buy it.

View attachment 1290228

Nice!!
The Colt Gold cup is actually more money up here than the Wesson PM9 and only comes with one magazine.

The "one more pistol" of my affections is a Glock 30S (G36 slim slide on a G30SF ["short frame"] receiver) at BLUE LABEL pricing.

Local Glock blue label dealer said he placed an order for a bunch of guns from distributor and that it would be available for pickup in a week's time. That was over a month ago. :letterk2:

The "one more pistol" of my affections is a Glock 30S (G36 slim slide on a G30SF ["short frame"] receiver) at BLUE LABEL pricing.

Local Glock blue label dealer said he placed an order for a bunch of guns from distributor and that it would be available for pickup in a week's time. That was over a month ago. :letterk2:
The G30s is an excellent pistol. I put Trijicon HD XRs and Talon Pro grip tape on mine and couldn’t be happier. It’s my “If you could only keep one” gun. Small enough to carry with decent capacity and 45ACP. What’s not to like? Blue Label pricing would be icing on the cake.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The G30s is an excellent pistol. I put Trijicon HD XRs and Talon Pro grip tape on mine and couldn’t be happier. It’s my “If you could only keep one” gun. Small enough to carry with decent capacity and 45ACP. What’s not to like? Blue Label pricing would be icing on the cake.

After owning 7 Glocks, I thought I was finally done buying them. But after upgrading a Gen2 19 to a Gen4 in 2015, I now want to upgrade it to a Gen5 MOS, my Gen3 30 to a G30S and a few others might need upgrading also.

Gaston has way too much of my money. :)

Top Bottom