SoapB&M Amazelnut
RazorWolfman WR2 1.25 SB
BladePolsilver SI (5)
Post ShaveAlum, Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
After ShaveB&M Amazelnut
BalmB&M Amazelnut
FragShulton Old Spice Cologne
RatingDFS 9.5

Tried B&M's Omnibus base. I like the lather. The soap is very soft though. This was the first time I have ever scooped a B&M soap. Amazelnut was nice for a novelty. The scent is lighter and I don't note anything from the after shaves.

Still a massacre under my jawline. I took my time today I thought, but, must of been to heavy handed. I had stopped using Alum, but, after today's shave it just felt right. I love my new razor. I think soon I will swap out for the Timeless Ti Crown handle I had been using with the 1.15 to get a feel for comparison. The weight feels good in the hand, but, maybe it will make a difference. My technique is at the center. Just have to get a feel for what I like best. I am enjoying my shaves very much.

PreshavePAA Mentholated Cube in the shower
BrushOmega Evo
BowlCC Copper
SoapB&M Fern
RazorWolfman WR2 1.25 SB
BladePolsilver SI (6)
After ShaveB&M Fern
BalmNivea Sensitive/CerVe Daily Moisturizer
Frag
RatingDFS 9.5

Good shave today. A little blood and After shave stung but good. Still Very smooth shave. Enjoyed Fern. I hope they keep the scent. I would like other products in this scent. Balm and Frag if they ever start doing that again.

Preshave

PAA Mentholated Cube lathered and hot towel
BrushM&F Heritage II L7
BowlCC Copper
SoapFine Lavender Pour Homme
RazorWolfman WR2 1.25 SB with Timeless Ti Crown handle
BladePolsilver SI (7)
After ShaveFine Lavender Pour Homme
BalmAOS Lavender Balm
Frag
RatingDFS 9.5

Visitors so my shave was a little rushed. Rather than shower, I wet my face and used The Cube, face lathered, and put a hot towel on my face for a while. The Polsilver trucked along on it's seventh run. I enjoyed using the titanium Timeless Crown handle again. I can't say the reduced weight made any difference. It was more maneuverable, But, I was just as cut up today with the titanium Handle as I have been with the Stainless WRH2. Which means that I need to work on my technique with this razor. Possibly Shaving more often will help. At the end of the day it is only the seventh shave with this gap. I need some more time. I suppose I need to work on my pressure. I'm also still training facial contortions. I am going to go back through my shaves and see how often I cut myself. I remember the first few times the 1.15 caused carnage. I did get used it though.

Fine lavender pour Homme is great. But you know what else is great? C&S Oxford & Cambridge soap from Valobra. I found a three pack of travel soap refills in my stuff. They are small so I have the aluminum travel dish with one of the last Valobra soaps on the way. Also the after shave and cologne. It was spendy. In the end though supplies of Fine Lavender Pour Homme are finite as is the Valobra soap. Fine Classic and Valobra are both hard soaps that I am tripping on right now. Now I will have the original and the clone. I have been waiting for the aluminum soap dish to use the travel soaps. These soaps came to me early in my DE days via a BST of a lot of soaps. I never used them because the size was impractical. I didn't know what they were at the time. The only reason I haven't PIFed them before is because they were at the bottom of my uhaul box O' shaving stuff. Hopefully I still like the Clone after using the original.

I have some other goodies incoming, and, yesterday I sent my Fatboy to Back Roads Gold to be tuned up. That should be the last shaving expense this month. If it weren't for that I would debate GRUME for January.

01/04/22

PreshavePAA Mentholated Cube in the shower
BrushM&F Heritage II L7
BowlCC Copper
SoapFine Platinum 21st Century
RazorWolfman WR2 1.25 SB/Timeless Ti Crown handle
BladePolsilver SI (8)
After ShaveFine Platinum
BalmFine Platinum
FragFine Platinum
RatingDFS 9.5/10

I found a stockpile of old Fine Classic soaps and discontinued after shaves. I got a few bottles of Fine Green Vetiver after shave and Platinum Classic soap. While I paid the $13 each for the classic soaps. Sadly I was sent the 20 something dollar 21st century soaps. Now I have 3 of them. Oh well at least I saved money. I also ordered a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver EdP. They charged the EdT price, so I am curious which I will get. Not that it really matters. I will use these with MdC Vetyver when it gets here from the UK.

Today's shave was the first with Fine Platinum. It was a somewhat blind buy as I had a Stirling Executive Man after shave and hand soap samples, and, based the order on that. So what do I think? It is good. It would have been better had I found it in the old soap base. The 21st Century soap base is not bad. I'm just on a hard soap kick.

I did enjoy my shave today. I did better with the Ti Crown handle today on the WR2 1.25. The Wolfman is easier to maneuver on the titanium handle. I will shave five more times with this configuration, and, then go back to the solid WRH2. I am hoping to do less damage and get a better feel for the head. I had 3 weepers, but, they were on my neck only. I got them from buffing ATG. I did my typical three pass plus touch up shave. My goatee area could be closer as always. Neck and cheeks are DFS+. Had I not had the weepers I would rate today 9.7.

Fun reading the notes :)
recently got a Wolfman .95 and use my timeless crown handle :) been wanting to go up to a 1.05 and down to a .85 for fun then see where that takes me ? Further up or ?
I do shave every day though and not a fan of to much blade feel :)

Fun reading the notes :)
recently got a Wolfman .95 and use my timeless crown handle :) been wanting to go up to a 1.05 and down to a .85 for fun then see where that takes me ? Further up or ?
I do shave every day though and not a fan of to much blade feel :)
There is not muchblade feel with my 1.15. Still getting to know the 1.25. It is still smooth, but, I am aware of the blade.

Preshave:
PAA Mentholated Cube in the shower
Brush:
M&F Heritage II L7 26mm in antique ivory and tortoise shell
Bowl:
CC Copper
Soap:
C&S/Valobra Oxford & Cambridge travel soap
Razor:
Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Timeless Ti Crown handle
Blade:
Polsilver SI (9) flipped
Post Shave:
Alum, Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
After Shave:
C&S Oxford & Cambridge
Balm:
AOS Lavender
Frag:
C&S Oxford & Cambridge
Rating:
DFS 9.5

I have had the C&S/Valobra Oxford & Cambridge travel soap refills since a PIF or BST purchase in 2016 when I first joined B&B. They are so small it is difficult to load them which is why I never used them. I now have the complete line of Oxford & Cambridge to include the aluminum dish for the the soap. Even with the aluminum dish it is difficult to load. My first pass the lather was great, but, I had just enough. Second pass I loaded like it owed me money, and, really worked the Heritage II brush. This time I had more than enough for Two more passes and then some. First up the Valobra made C&S soap. So good. I love this stuff. I am quite partial to the performance and scent of Fine Classic Soaps, but, it ain't got nothing on the original. Proraso really shot themselves in the foot not investing in keeping the Valobra soap bases alive. The scent just blows the good Fine Lavender Pour Homme away. I love the fine, but, I am glad I have four of these travel soaps, in addition to my stockpile of the Fine knockoff. The splash and Cologne are much stronger and more complex than the Fine too.

Ran the 1.25 with the Timeless titanium Crown handle again. More blood than last shave, but, still less than with the WRH2 solid handle. Efficiency wise I still have not matched the best shaves I have had from the 1.15. Odd that. Light touch is my current mantra. I'll get there eventually.

I wrote the Library again about volunteering, but, decided not to wait anymore. I signed up to do so at my local food pantry. There is no months long application process. You sign up for the site, and then click on any open shift. I wrote them an email to make sure of the finer details, but, their gmail blocks my gmx domain. I will hold my rant about Google. I will say they are the evil. So I will sign up for a shift without talking to anybody and show up. I figure it wouldn't be an option if you weren't supposed to do it that way. Either way I will figure it out once I'm there. This means I really ought to shave more often. I would like to get back into daily shaving, but, my depression still kind of holds me back. It is a pain because the shave with this really nice hard and software it is something I enjoy.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I contradict myself a lot.

Your perspective is broader than when you’ve started. It would be stranger if your focus hadn’t changed or fallen prey to distraction.

For instance, it is likely your recent experiences will lead you to become a light-handle fanboi and in perpetual contemplation if your favorite stock car racer/retired machinist might be able to fashion something Wolfman-worthy for you from hollowed titanium with a ritzy bronze insert for the threading.

I read through from the start of my journal to get a grip on where I am with technique. I realized one thing fairly fast. I contradict myself a lot. 😅
change is the only constant or something like that :)

if change is your contradiction I reckon its good
I know I have changed and will change and plan to change !

Your perspective is broader than when you’ve started. It would be stranger if your focus hadn’t changed or fallen prey to distraction.

For instance, it is likely your recent experiences will lead you to become a light-handle fanboi and in perpetual contemplation if your favorite stock car racer/retired machinist might be able to fashion something Wolfman-worthy for you from hollowed titanium with a ritzy bronze insert for the threading.
Those handles definitely look good on a Wolfman. @Rosseforp is an artist.

Preshave: PAA Mentholated Cube in the shower
Brush: Rudy Vey 2019 Manchurian B&B LE
Bowl:. CC Copper
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Timeless Ti Crown handle
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Post Shave: . Alum, Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
After Shave: Fine Green Vetiver
Balm:
Frag: Guerlain Homme EdP
Rating: DFS 9.7

Much less blood this time that did not survive the alum block. Best shave with the 1.25 yet. I feel like the titanium handle really goes really well with the WR2. I will likely get a Tibam custom 80mm handle to try on my other razors. The Perma-Sharp did well on it's inaugural shave. The Polsilver was still sharp and clean, but, I have dropped it several times. That can't be good for the edge. I take my blade out after every shave, rinse each piece, and place the blade in a 3D printed Blade dryer. I used to leave them in my razor but they always got ugly quick. Plus it helps me remember to flip the blade.

I plan to use Perma-Sharp for my next few blades. I hope they have the longevity of the Polsilver/Wizamet that I usually use. It is starting out a smooth blade. I have so many blades that I want to try in the medicine cabinet, but, I have had a 100 pack of Perma-Sharps in my Amazon cart for several months now. Twelve and a half bucks for 100 Perma-Sharps is better than forty five for 250 Wizamets. Based on today's shave they are similar on my face in sharpness and smoothness. This is great. Until now the Super Iridiums have been my number one blade.

About the software? MdC Vetyver is an awesome soap in both scent and lather. I ordered Fine Green Vetiver because I found two bottles of it and I thought the sample was good. I thought I ordered Guerlain Vetiver which it is based on, but, it turned out to be Guerlain Homme. It was a fortuitous mistake as I prefer it, and, am not enthused with the Vetiver is not my favorite. The Guerlain Homme has the Vetiver note, but, it is not the dominate note. I would not have expected to like it had I read the description. This could easily become a favorite.

Preshave:
PAA Mentholated Cube in the shower
Brush:
M&F Heritage II L7 26mm in antique ivory and tortoise shell
Bowl:
CC Copper
Soap:
C&S/Valobra Oxford & Cambridge travel soap
Razor:
Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Timeless Ti Crown handle
Blade:
Perma-Sharp (2)
Post Shave:
Alum, Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
After Shave:
C&S Oxford & Cambridge
Balm:
AOS Lavender Balm
Frag:
C&S Oxford & Cambridge
Rating:
DFS+ 9.7

Very nice shave. The 1.25/Perma-Sharp combo mowed down nine days like it was nothing. I did need to do touch up a few times, spot lathering as I went. Best shave achieved with the 1.25 yet. Very close. My neck is as close as it gets in my experience, maybe closer than my best. My mouth and chin are also smoother than normal. There were a couple of weepers, but, nothing tragic. My neck isn't hamburger this time. Love this line up. Fine Lavender Pour Homme is good and I love it, but, Oxford & Cambridge is so much deeper. The AOS balm was also a nice addition along with the Lavender Witch Hazel. The Perma-Sharp has given two very serviceable shaves. I am curious to see how much life I get out of these. Not sure if they are as sharp as Wizamet/Polsilver after today's shave. I almost feel as if my normal blade would have done more damage to my skin. Maybe I would have had fewer touch ups. The Valobra made soap is among my favorites. I just wish it was a full size puck. Still I'm glad I got the aluminum dish now. It isn't wide enough to sit in place in a mug.

One more shave with the Titanium Timeless Crown handle . After that I will do a string of shaves with the Stainless Steel WRH2. It is the perfect length and thickness. I wish I could order just a Titanium WRH2 handle. Pretty sure you have to buy a head, and I am not sure if you can mix metals. I will not put my name on the list however. I'll have to watch BST. I would also try a Stainless hollow handle. Maybe I'll get used to the heavy solid handle. I think today's pressure was a lot closer to the mark. If I could consistently get the pressure right, the heavy handle wouldn't be a problem. It will never be as maneuverable as the Titanium handle. A Tibam Handle could also work. Not sure which though. It doesn't matter/.

Last edited:
+1
I use a 17 gram hollow titanium handle with my WR2 1.15

doug
IMG_20211109_052734__01.jpg
My Timeless Ti Crown handle is 43g according to my kitchen scales. It feels good in the hand, and, I am able to whip the WR2 around my face fairly well. Not sure how such a light handle would work for me. I dislike my relitively light Fatip slant in use. I also never got along with my PAA Bakelite open comb slant.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
View attachment 1397169
My Timeless Ti Crown handle is 43g according to my kitchen scales. It feels good in the hand, and, I am able to whip the WR2 around my face fairly well. Not sure how such a light handle would work for me. I dislike my relitively light Fatip slant in use. I also never got along with my PAA Bakelite open comb slant.
When I first started making razor handles at work (when the boss wasn't looking), I found 37 grams to be just about perfect for me. Then somewhere along the line @Cal asked me to drill one out to see just how light I could make it, and we came up with the LHF GT series of handles for him, and I developed a fondness for the light handles that razors used to come with. All my LHF handles are under 25 grams. I like my PAA Phantom Blue open comb at a mere 13 grams for the entire razor.
I did use the 37 gram handle on the WR2 1.15 the first time I used it, but prefer using a LHF handle with it.

doug

Of course, I blame @Cal for all of this

37g sounds good to me. Of the razors I own that I enjoy the most feel substantial in the hand. Even the Bulldog with it's hollow handle is weighted in such a way that it feels like a serious piece of gear. It is cool that you guys found what works for you. The Fatip and the common bar handle from my New short comb I think are my current lightest handles. I can try the common bar on the WR2. See what I think. If I ever do convert you guys will get full credit.

Michael

yeah want to try the hollow handles etc..
my wolf is a .95 but shave daily and like to :)

also using the crown handle and love it did try the SS handle off one of my RR and prefer the Ti weight BUT I will try again a few times cause its fun to tinker and play and know :)

Not sure what the common bar weighs off hand, but, it is light and feels interesting balance wise. A little top heavy, but, I will know more when I shave with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom