What's new

Maybe I have finally decided

I have gone around and around trying different shave systems. In my youth I used Electrics Then went disposable razors then cartridge razors after that double edge razors, followed by single edge razors all n my short life time of 76 years. Guess what I am back to using an electric. Before deciding my current electric I tried an arc 4 then a Norelco then a Braun new 6s. I am how back to my old arc 4. I havent found a better over all shaver. The single and double edge give a closer shave but lack in smooth.- comfort. My fickle days are over That least for now.
Never say never!

I have gone around and around trying different shave systems. In my youth I used Electrics Then went disposable razors then cartridge razors after that double edge razors, followed by single edge razors all n my short life time of 76 years. Guess what I am back to using an electric. Before deciding my current electric I tried an arc 4 then a Norelco then a Braun new 6s. I am how back to my old arc 4. I havent found a better over all shaver. The single and double edge give a closer shave but lack in smooth.- comfort. My fickle days are over That least for now.
Never say never!

That's exactly why I use Electrics. Quick, easy, comfortable, consistent shave that is close enough. Closer then most blade shaves I've had especially when taking into account the reduction in irritation.

Never say never!

It’s hard to beat Panasonic shavers. I used a Panasonic ES8103 for five years until last year when I switched to a Braun 7983s. The only reason I switched was because the battery in the Panasonic wouldn’t hold a full charge for a week and the cutters began to pull on longer hairs requiring replacement. I picked up the Braun in Costco for under $100 and took a chance. So far it’s been fantastic.

The best and worst thing about the Panasonic shavers is that the screens and cutters are made of stainless steel. Amazingly, the original screens and cutters lasted me all five years. The worst part is that Panasonic charges a higher price for those parts than Braun. The cost of replacing both screens and cutters for the ES8103 was only about $20 less than buying a new shaver. Although the Panasonic gives a very close shave, many people report they also are a little more aggressive on your skin than the equivalent Braun shaver. I never experienced that aggressiveness.

I think that the quickest, safest and easiest way to shave is with a modern electric shaver.

How long have you been using the Arc 4? How long has It been that you switched to an electric shaver and which one did you choose? Are you shaving dry or wet?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Good stuff. I’m glad that you found something that works for you and gives you the best shaves. That is what it is all about. Finding out what works for you.

I have used the Arc 4 on and off for 3 years. It is a 2011 model I think. Most of those years I was trying different shave systems.

I have used the Arc 4 on and off for 3 years. It is a 2011 model I think. Most of those years I was trying different shave systems.

Glad to hear of your good results. I’ve always said that electric shavers work best if you stick with it for awhile to allow your face and beard becomes accustomed to the shaver.

I no longer use electrics, but the last time I did, I found that wet electric shaving with foam and foil based razors is the most comfortable and close shave I could get. Found this to be very gently on the skin. Dry shaving more hit and miss on the skin. I Don't use them anymore because I got frustrated that they don't last and end up breaking in one way or another. Usually having to do with charge capability.

I no longer use electrics, but the last time I did, I found that wet electric shaving with foam and foil based razors is the most comfortable and close shave I could get. Found this to be very gently on the skin. Dry shaving more hit and miss on the skin. I Don't use them anymore because I got frustrated that they don't last and end up breaking in one way or another. Usually having to do with charge capability.

Unfortunately, the reachable batteries are the achillis heal with medium to high end electric shavers. The lower priced ones can be purchased as plug in models which should last indefinitely. My last Panasonic shaver lasted five years and I think that’s a reasonable time frame to buy a new shaver. No one knows what improvements the engineers will come up with in the future to improve electric shavers.

Top Bottom