What's new

May Acquisitions

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I guess I’ll go ahead and start this for May. The Esoterica has dropped. My local Honey Hole came through. Lots of tins, not so much in bags. No Stonehaven or Peacehaven.
09672CBC-B09C-4EDF-9F95-DA459A2F0223.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Wow, this is absolutely awesome. Congrats on a hell of a score!
Thanks! I bought somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of what they had on display. I thought I’d give someone else the opportunity to try some (and my funds are not unlimited.) I’ll go back in a couple of weeks and buy more if there is any still available.

I’ve had modest luck this drop, but nothing the likes of you!

I did find two tins of Butera Pelican for the first time ever, and a few tins of Germain’s Bridge old Brown Flake and Medium Flake. Also a bag of Dorchester.

But my haul pales in comparison to yours! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on your new blends!

I'll check my honey hole tomorrow but I don't need more pipe tobacco 😂 but... It's never going to be less expensive than it is now ... So 🤷‍♂️
I can't say no to Penzance or Stonehaven. Want to try their aromatic offerings as well.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
This was a last December acquisition. A Vauen O'Timer 236 spigot.

I finally received it this week from Vauen in Germany, along with some other goodies. It's a long story not worth getting into.

The important thing is, it is absolutely perfekt. And I'll be smoking it TONIGHT.

OT236a.jpeg

OT236b.jpeg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Beautiful pipe. I need to add a Spigot to my collection. What’s the rectangular silver thing, a belt buckle?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Got another Chinese lighter.

IMG_20210507_005034459.jpg

IMG_20210507_005056783~2.jpg

Here it is with another similar Chinese lighter I got a few months ago. The first one I got because of its visual and functional similarity to the IMCO 2200, which is hard to find, and expensive when you do. This one I got for its functional similarity (and improvements) to the Dunhill Service lighter.
IMG_20210507_005455113~2.jpg

I really expected these two to be identical, other than the striking mechanism and some cosmetic differences, but they're not. The new one is noticeably thinner, and the fuel caps and windscreens aren't interchangeable. This isn't an issue; I just find it curious. They're made by the same company, so I don't see why they'd make two separate, but very similar lighters. Why not make one body/cap/flint tube/windscreen and then put the different striking mechanisms on?

Semi-tobacco related. We closed on our winter home acquisition in the Rio Grande Valley today. The best feature for me is a patio with a beautiful golf course view, now known as the smoking and whisky lounge. I look forward to retiring the mobile smoking lounge in the winter months!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My new vape mod arrived today. Identical to the current one, save for a different colour. New tank too, totally identical. In the package there was also a pack of five coils and two new batteries.

None of them were needed, or at least, not yet. I just had a realisation this weekend that I have all my eggs in one basket, and if anything happened to my vape kit, loss, damage, or malfunction, I had no Plan B. It's a chunk of money I didn't want to spend, but which one day, I'll probably be very glad I did.

Top Bottom