What's new

May 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Final shave of May GRUME
Tonight’s shave was

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Razor: Merkur Futur (2/2.5/3)
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
Brush: FS 3-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary 4.1

Post-Shave: Alum Block
SV 70th Anniversary AS Lotion
T&H 1805 ASB

A wonderful shave period. SV IMO is a truly top drawer soap. Futur and Treet blade were on point. No nicks or cuts or claret.

Onto Junes GRUME now 😎😎😎😎

Instead of an edit I’ll just add a note. I probably won’t post tomorrow. It’s our weekly town day, but an early departure to make a second attempt at the bloodwork we were supposed to get last week had the doctor’s office remembered to send in the paperwork. Then instead of hanging around for band rehearsal we’ll be heading north to Ashland Oregon for our first Shakespeare play this season. It’s a quant college town and we always enjoy the atmosphere. We’ll be seeing Twelfth Night. We always read the play ahead of time and this one looks like it’ll be fun to watch.

Instead of an edit I’ll just add a note. I probably won’t post tomorrow. It’s our weekly town day, but an early departure to make a second attempt at the bloodwork we were supposed to get last week had the doctor’s office remembered to send in the paperwork. Then instead of hanging around for band rehearsal we’ll be heading north to Ashland Oregon for our first Shakespeare play this season. It’s a quant college town and we always enjoy the atmosphere. We’ll be seeing Twelfth Night. We always read the play ahead of time and this one looks like it’ll be fun to watch.
My dad went to college in Ashland for a bit. Enjoy the play!

Shave #22
- Still In -

• B&M Reserve Fern - SOTM
  • Simpsons M6 Synth
  • BIC Metal
  • Adam Grooming’s Kolonya Astringent
  • Pinaud’s Clubman Splash
Afternoon shave yesterday before heading out to the planetarium and taking in fireworks from Navy Pier.

Had a great experience at Truefitt & Hill today; great haircut and scalp massage - unbelievably, left with zero product.

Down at Ohio Street Beach again today because it’s a hot one …
full

full

Shave #22
- Still In -

• B&M Reserve Fern - SOTM
  • Simpsons M6 Synth
  • BIC Metal
  • Adam Grooming’s Kolonya Astringent
  • Pinaud’s Clubman Splash
Afternoon shave yesterday before heading out to the planetarium and taking in fireworks from Navy Pier.

Had a great experience at Truefitt & Hill today; great haircut and scalp massage - unbelievably, left with zero product.

Down at Ohio Street Beach again today because it’s a hot one …
full

full
Loved open water swimming when I was there a couple years ago! Oak St to Ohio St!

Top Bottom