What's new

May 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

5 29 22.jpg

Still in!

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday

Still in, one more to go

GRUME : 15/16 (every other day shaver here (and some time even more or less))

Prep : Hot shower
Preshave : Proraso White
Brush : Maggard SY24 synthetic
Soap : Haslinger Sheep's milk shaving soap
Razor : Merkur HD 34 C
Blade : GSB (5)
Post : Alum block, Proraso White AS balm, gold bond powder

Well I can tell for me the Stirling product are superior to what is above. After a couple of irritation free shave, I found myself with a bit of neck irritation. The soap was fine the finish is just not there , I'll try again with a fresh blade

View attachment 1463768
Good to know about the soap @La Malice - I was on the fence about this one but looking at the ingredients I was hesitant to add it to my cart.

Guido

• 30/31 days in GRUME May (96.77% completed and only one more day!)
  • 149/150 days of shaving (99.33%)

Prep:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:King C Gillette
Blade:Dorco ST300HQ (4)
Brush:Omega Proraso Boar
Cream:The AlphaMen 2.0
Bowl:Proraso for adding water to the face lather
Passes:WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck) and CB slide
W/XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
X/ATG - Slightly slanted (SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (S-N and W-E horizontal on the neck).
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Rating:8.5/10 CCS/DFS-

Extended notes from today's shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11787726

Have a Great day everyone.

Still in

Pre-Shave: hot water
Brush: Simpsons Classic C1 Synthetic
Lather: Muhle Sandalwood shaving stick
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom New
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)
Post-shave: Cold water, Styptic pencil and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Results: bbs, no irritation & one lil weeper

20220530_083628.jpg

I have spent the last week mostly shaving with the supply's that I keep in my work locker. The shave stick has been super slick for these last few shaves and It's helped me and my 34c to keep my face at bbs smoothness. It is now time for my tryed, tested and beloved Flat Bottom New to make its debut in the locker room, the results were exactly what I have come to expect from this magnificent razor, an excellent shave. While it did give me a weeper as a reminder that it's slightly more aggressive than the 34c, it was only a smalll weeper, normally a weeper this small would be simply removed by the alum block as using a Styptic pencil would be overkill, but the alum block is at home so overkill it is then 😅

Still in

Have an early start tomorrow so a night shave made sense. “Mixed Proroso’s”

Hot washcloth
Proroso Red Preshave
Proroso Green soap
Zenith Boar brush
CG Every Day razor
Personna MedPrep (4)
Alum
Proroso Protective ASB

Relaxing way to end the day. I need th shave at night more often.

Peace!

Still in.

I shaved with a sample of Oak shave cream received from giftsandcare, along with post-shave care taken by Oak aftershave balm.

I must say that they are really good quality products as the lather was great, glide was good and the highlight of the shave was its aftershave balm. The cost may be too much for my preference, but if someone feels like it is a fair value then it is worth a try.
The scent notes were pleasant citrus but not acidic and the post-shave feel was good (in my limited experience).

I'm more of a soap guy than cream, so it'll not be purchased, only fondly remembered as a very good experience with a sample.

With the end of another month and hardly a dent in my soaps, I'm once again embarking on 3017 journey, with some wanderings being allowed.

I'll be going for 3017'ing my GFT Violets soap, I really love using it and after finishing it I'll give some other British Triple milled soap a try as well.

• 31/31 days in GRUME May (100% completed, still in and we made it!!! 🎂🎂🎂🎉🎉🎉)
  • 150/151 days of shaving (99.34%)
Contrary to my earlier statement for June I am doing a light stock up and get some little sample soaps from TGS so I can decide which ones I maybe want to get for my upcoming birthday.

This is also my way of celebrating that we made GRUME of May!! Aan amazing journey that has taught me a lot. I have saved on at least two Techs, a Ranger, a Slim, a FOCS, a birth year Black Super Speed, a Stainless Steel R41 clone and a couple of soaps. 😳. And had a RAD coaching conversation with @never-stop-learning. David had a great insight for me that I think is worth sharing here as it also echoes what @FoolishMortal said earlier: do not overcomplicate things. If you are happy then be ok with that and just enjoy your shaves even more. And personally I do with the great gear I currently have. Yes, there will the soaps and blades, but in no AD size forms (I looked at threewale’s pictures and I am nowhere near even with ALL my purchases since December!). Funnily enough I do have that discipline when it comes to martial arts, but shaving not so much 🤭. But then again practice makes perfect (and I have been in martial arts wayyyy longer than DE shaving). Not only in shaving itself but also in GRUME.

It has been a pleasure to with fine gents as you all have been in this group. Congrats to all who made it. Love and support to the ones that had to be out. Together we can do everything! See you tomorrow for GRUME in June!!

Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:King C Gillette
Blade:Dorco ST300HQ (5)
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400
Cream:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso
Passes:WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck) and CB slide
ATG - Slightly slanted (S-N and W-E horizontal on the neck).

Touch up pass.
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Rating:9.0/10 DFS/light BBS

Extended notes from today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11788915

Have a Great day everyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom