What's new

May 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I have no idea how I didn't hear or feel whatever I did to my edge on the strop, but it gave the Henson a chance to pinch hit. Usually a DE day is time to enjoy my 41c, I really had to pay attention today.
20220528_101827.jpg

@Guido75 and @Contact_vs_Feedback you both seem to be achieving set goals, congratulations guys.

I have no idea how I didn't hear or feel whatever I did to my edge on the strop, but it gave the Henson a chance to pinch hit. Usually a DE day is time to enjoy my 41c, I really had to pay attention today.
View attachment 1463211
@Guido75 and @Contact_vs_Feedback you both seem to be achieving set goals, congratulations guys.
Thanks @Frinstance - don’t know yet if it is too much credit. Barely holding it together 😁 (managed to say no to a birth year Gillette 😬🫣). And you yourself sir are about to hit a homerun as well!

Cheers,

Guido

Last edited:
still in and maybe the last shave of May...

Date night with the LOTH, so out comes a few of her favorites. Also, my first run with the Super Speed (thank you for the trade @bjm)

Stirling Executive Man Soap
Omega Professional Boar Brush
Gillette Super Speed
Personna MedPrep (3)
Pre de Provence 63 ASB
Pre de Provence 63 EdT

Peace!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Still in. No shave today.

View attachment 1462517

Still in.

In a bit of a rush, but still tried to do the usual prep, used the dettol as preshave and it worked.... very well. Dettol lathers well, but it is also super slick and would prob work as a hand/brushless cream.

I gotta ask. What the heck is Dettol and how does it work into your shave. After a glance at a Google search that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

linty1

My wallet cries.

I gotta ask. What the heck is Dettol and how does it work into your shave. After a glance at a Google search that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I associate "Dettol" with the disinfectant (Like Pine-sol), -apparently- they also make shaving cream under the "dettol" name (not sure what else). I saw it, thought it was interesting, and decided to give it a whirl. Its actually a pretty good product, although the smell is on the overpowering side.

Still in
Tonight’s shave was
Pre-Shave: Hot Sower
Truefitt Pre-Shave Oil
Brush: Frank Shaving 3 band Silvertip Badger
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Razor: Rockwell 6C (5)
Soap: MDC Rose
Post-Shave: Alum Block
Trumper Coral Skinfood
Czech & Speake No.88 EDP

The MDC Rose is such a great scent IMO. Used in conjunction with the Truefitt pre-shave gave the shave that bit of extra razor glide. Couple of weepers 😩😩, but still rewarded with a BBS shave. Very little feedback with alum. The Trumper Coral Skin Food paired with the Czech and Speake really finished off a great shave. Went out to watch the UCL Final with some mates after. Good bit of banter with some old friends.
On to the next shave 😎😎😎

• 29/31 days in GRUME May (93.55% completed and only two days left!)
  • 148/149 days of shaving (99.32%)
Prep:KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Piccolo OC
Blade:Tiger Platinum (6)
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400 Aluminum
Cream:The AlphaMen 2.0
Bowl:Proraso
Passes:WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck) and CB slide
W/XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
X/ATG - Slightly slanted (SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (S-N and W-E horizontal on the neck).
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Executive Man
Rating:9.0/10 BBS

Extended notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11785351

Have a Great day everyone.

At least you’re sanitising while shaving right? 😄 I had similar thoughts. Never knew Dettol made shaving cream too.

Cheers,

Guido

That may be an ideal container for a puck of Mitchell’s Wool Fat when you get out of GRUME.

Guido
This has been on my though, sounds like a bit too tall maybe. I will must likely get another AS splash this June 1st and depending of where I am on July 1st I might get something local to the area as vacation souvenir

The small tin can from Stirling soap would fit one really well.

Or maybe my kids beat up ruler is not the best measuring device for the task

Anyway in case I did not knew what to do with my day to avoid doing my yearly review I'll go sniff around town and see what container would old a MWF puck ... Nothing prevent us from window shopping

Thanks for the advice ... I spent the evening looking around

Still in, one more to go

GRUME : 15/16 (every other day shaver here (and some time even more or less))

Prep : Hot shower
Preshave : Proraso White
Brush : Maggard SY24 synthetic
Soap : Haslinger Sheep's milk shaving soap
Razor : Merkur HD 34 C
Blade : GSB (5)
Post : Alum block, Proraso White AS balm, gold bond powder

Well I can tell for me the Stirling product are superior to what is above. After a couple of irritation free shave, I found myself with a bit of neck irritation. The soap was fine the finish is just not there , I'll try again with a fresh blade

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 11.59.27 AM.png

This has been on my though, sounds like a bit too tall maybe. I will must likely get another AS splash this June 1st and depending of where I am on July 1st I might get something local to the area as vacation souvenir

The small tin can from Stirling soap would fit one really well.

Or maybe my kids beat up ruler is not the best measuring device for the task

Anyway in case I did not knew what to do with my day to avoid doing my yearly review I'll go sniff around town and see what container would old a MWF puck ... Nothing prevent us from window shopping

Thanks for the advice ... I spent the evening looking around
Personally I like higher containers to make for easier lathering directly from the puck. MWF is on my wanted list as well.

Guido

Top Bottom