What's new

May 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

-Still In-
SOTD #20
BBS

What started off as a calm Monday AM shave turned rather quickly into interruption after interruption. Still managed a solid 4-pass BBS, albeit longer than anticipated also requiring an additional load. Still within the confines of a 30min Meditative Session, it was a rather testing experience.
  • No Pre-Shave
  • B&M PV (SOTM)
  • Semogue Torga C3 Mistura
  • Feather AS-D2
  • Kai (3)
  • Thayer’s Astringent
  • A&E Asian Pear splash
  • No Post-Shave balm
View attachment 1460646
* Eating a heaping bowl of Tom Yum as I type this
Tomorrow I’ll have to do a quick morning shave with the Green Cult and a Bic on its sharpest (2nd) shave, this could get interesting :)

Since we are encouraged to trade, I’ll post the following:

Looking for a Schick Krona (preferably) or a Gillette Super Speed.

<SNIP>

Let me know if interested
one more question... Are you located in the CONUS, EU, UK, or other? I'm asking because postage costs may be a factor for some.

Continental US
I'm not a "collector" but I have managed to collect quite a few razors in a relatively short time.

I have a Schick pre-Krona (no "Krona" on the doors) and several Super-Speed TTO razors. I won't give up the Schick at this time, but...

20220523_145943.jpg 20220523_150019.jpg

They're not much to look at and would be considered user-grade at best. Pick one and PM your address. I'll get it in the mail as soon as possible; I'm leaving on a business trip tomorrow, so it may be later this week.

I just checked the price of the Supply SE and I don't feel any of the three I'm offering are close. So, RazoRock SLOC? I already have a Grand Shave King, PAA DOC, and three Yaqi Mellon razors; but I also have at least a dozen Techs :cool:

It was not my intention to imply your Gillette Tech wasn't worthy of a trade, it's just that mine already seem to breed like rabbits. Between them and Arko sticks, I can't seem to catch a break :cool:

Last edited:
I'm not a "collector" but I have managed to collect quite a few razors in a relatively short time.

I already have a Grand Shave King, PAA DOC, and three Yaqi Mellon razors; but I also have at least a dozen Techs :cool:
Of course you’re not a collector 😁, but it sounds like quite the collection there @bjm! Enjoy your new one! And from the looks of it you too @Dodger59.

Cheers,

Guido

Still in 8 days to go

GRUME : 12/16 (every other day shaver here (and some time even more or less))

Prep : Hot shower
Preshave : Proraso White
Brush : Proraso boar brush
Soap : Sterling Margaritas in the Artic
Razor : Merkur HD 34 C
Blade : GSB (2)
Post : Alum block, Sterling Margaritas in the Artic AS balm menthol and then the Sterling Margaritas in the Artic splash

I am starting to like this set up a lot . I could do without the splash margaritas smell on my way to work ... but it does round up the experience really well.

no nick, no irritation ... great experience

Oh hey Grelot twin! I may or may not have grabbed mine for todays shave after seeing your photo from yesterday.
I don't know how long ago it was, but I think one your nice shots had Varen and the razor in it. My first thought was 'no, that's a head shave soap'.

Keep scrolling Paul, don't let them know how nuts you are.

A nice, no-frills workmanlike razor.

Day 23, 74.2% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Got slightly too thorough yesterday, so backed off and settled for a comfortable 2-pass DFS.

Still in

Pre-Shave: hot water & GFT Ecruris Skinfood
Brush: Simpsons Classic C1 Synthetic
Lather: Muhle Sandalwood shaving stick
Razor: Merkur 34c hd
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)
Post-shave: Cold water and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food

20220524_084352.jpg

I didn't have time for a SR shave this morning so I had a quick shave with the 34c in the locker room before work. The lather seemed super slick this morning and my face feels dfs, I am ready to start my day.

24.05.22 - 24/31 (77.42% completed of GRUME in May) and still in! Entering the final stretch!

Really nice experience today and looking forward to tomorrow's shave with basically the same line up as today.

Prep:
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:
Fatip Piccolo OC
Blade:Tiger Platinum (2)
Brush:
Omega Black Badger
Cream:
Proraso Green
Bowl:
Proraso
Passes:
WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck)
W/XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
X/ATG - Slightly slanted (SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (S-N and W-E horizontal on the neck).
Aftershave:
Proraso Green
Balm:
Proraso Green
Rating:
9.5/10 BBS

Extended notes from today's shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11780908

Have a Great day everyone.

Top Bottom