What's new

May 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Congrats on the win. :cool:

Appreciate it. It is a company team that had been struggling to gain regular turnout. Myself and a couple others from my previous company were asked by the league director if we were willing to play and provide stability. It has turned into a great mentoring opportunity, not to mention networking within my industry :adoration:

Not sure if the best part was beating the overtalkative (chirpy) "Young Gun" type of team, or the deepdish pizza devoured between games...

To the victor goes the spoils!
Indeed !

View attachment 1454527Hi Hannes,
that's "Majestät" AS by Schröder and Mann. Indeed, it's old school. Schröder and Mann introduced this stuff in 1976 (they apparently never changed the design of the bottle, lol).
Unfortunately, this stuff went out of production a few years ago. It has been my go to AS since... well, a really long time.

I still like the scent (Mrs JAHE approves it, too), it's really inoffensive and pairs nicely with Boss Bottle EdT and the like, but doesn't smell like shower gel as other cheapo stuff nowadays (though it was sold for a song...)

The burn I get with this AS is rather mild, which is a nice to have feature in case of a rough shave. I really enjoy the face feel I get with this good stuff (it contains witch hazel and allantoin).

I'm happy I found out about the discontinuation early enough (by chance...) this is why I still have a couple of bottles left... the day my final bottle will be killed will be a sad day for me, though. *sigh*
Don’t know if it helps but apparently this website still has stock?
Ich empfehle dieses Angebot: Majestät After Shave [290566] | Körperpflege | merkandi.de - https://merkandi.de/products/majestaet-after-shave-125ml/290566

Might be a long shot of course. Or I may have misinterpreted the website.

Cheers,

Guido

Still in
Tonight’s routine
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Razor : Rockwell 6C (5)
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Frank Shaving 3-band Silvertip Badger brush
Soap: Thiers Issard Vetiver
Post-Shave: Alum Block
Fine L’orange Noir AS splash
SV Mango butter
Castle Forbes Vetiver EDP

Tried a different plate on the Rockwell for a change. Lovely smooth and efficient 3 pass shave with a BBS finish. Haven’t pulled the trigger on the TDH which would have complemented the Fine L’Orange AS splash, but the Castle Forbes Vetiver was a good substitute

Stay safe and happy shaves people 😎😎😎😎

Still in!
IMG_20220512_181836.jpg

Same kit as yesterday. Shave 2 on the Swedish Supersteel went ok. Maybe the last blade was a dud!
Swapped in my SOC Mistura!

Its cherry! I bought these brushes within a few weeks of each other. The boar has spent some time in the sun while on vacation in March and a day on the deck today. Lol the boar is getting a nice tan!
View attachment 1454787
I have the Butterscotch Mistura and the C3 Torga (Really loving the mixed knot)

There is just something elementally grounding to me being in contact with a Earthly natural material.
My preferred razor handle and brush are both Ironwood; logically I will probably look to pickup a Cherry SOC Mistura in the near future.

Ich empfehle dieses Angebot: Majestät After Shave [290566] | Körperpflege | merkandi.de - https://merkandi.de/products/majestaet-after-shave-125ml/290566

Cheers,

Guido
This is still a GRUME, right? :cool:

I know, I know... you were just passing along the info just in case someone wanted to grab some during the restock period, right? Yeah, that's it :cool:

Last edited:
@bjm Thanks!! The I bought the Mistura for Decemboar but I don't think I used it enough to fully break it in because for Christmas I received my Simpson brushes. It's really improved this month just using it a few times a week.

@ChriWilson I do really like the cherry handles, they are probably my favourite handles.....how do we get a Simpson 2-band badger or manchurian into that handle!!
Have you tried the Semogue SOC 2-Band Finest badger?

This is still a GRUME, right? :cool:

I know, I know... you were just passing along the info just in case someone wanted to grab some during the restock period, right? Yeah, that's it :cool:
I know, I know, you are so right. I am not trying to seduce him. Just one Guido helping out another Guido in a neighbouring country 😎.

It sounded more like an all bets are off cry for help. A favourite AS no longer available and using his last bottle. The website is stating by the way that the minimum purchase amount should be 170 bottles! 😂. Maybe we should send it to PAA and wait for their new take on it? 🤗. Sounds a lot similar to the Skin Bracer by Mennen saga.

But I must admit that all those photos we are paying off our gear each day is 1) very entertaining to watch with beautiful razors passing by, and 2) making me itch like crazy in terms of RAD, SAD and BAD.

*wax on wax off, wax on wax off*
*breathe in through nose and out through mouth*

Cheers,

Guido

Last edited:

Cheers,

Guido
Thanks, Guido, for pointing me to this webpage. To my understanding this is a B-2-B offering only, the mininum order quantity is a whopping 170 bottles.
Mrs JAHE would make me sleep in the doghouse if I only slightly considered to buying this... 😉

Last edited:
I know, I know, you are so right. I am not trying to seduce him. Just one Guido helping out another Guido in a neighbouring country 😎.

It sounded more like an all bets are off cry for help. A favourite AS no longer available and using his last bottle. The website is stating by the way that the minimum purchase amount should be 170 bottles! 😂.
Now imagine the corresponding dialogue with Mrs JAHE:

Me:
"No honey, it wasn't MY idea to order a full pallet of aftershave bottles.
It's been Guido's idea.
No, honey, believe me - it's been the idea of the OTHER Guido!
unquote

This cannot end well for me 😉

Top Bottom