What's new

May 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

FoolishMortal,
THANKS for starting the GRUME. This is my first.
Do you happen to know the largest number of GRUME-ers in a single month and the highest percentage to successfully complete the month?
Thanks again,
John
Hi John. Welcome and you're welcome. :)

The May GRUME will be the two-year anniversary of my starting this thing up after a hiatus. @CzechCzar and a few others started it, near as I can tell. I haven't really kept statistics, but I know that we've had 30+ in a few months and 75% or better completion percentage along the way. Maybe I'll go through and pull the numbers...
Okay, you sparked my curiosity. See here for the answer to your question (and more):

After a few months of hiatus, I'm back in and will stay for the rest of the year. Straight razor shaving refueled my ADs and I went on a buying and selling spree since the last time. However, I consider my setup being complete now.

1) FoolishMortal
2) Doti B
3) MtView
4) wmadoty
5) Herrenberg
6) La Malice
7) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
8) henrickd - GRUYERE
9) Heavy_Metal_Hound
10) Roedeer
11) Chef455
12) Jmp63 - GRUYERE
13) Owen Bawn
14) Contact_vs_Feedback - GRUYERE
15) Schnitzel52
16) ‘Bout Time
17) AZBronco
18) Cahoots
19) SeinfeldNoir
20) tjsgarden
21) pdieten - GRUYERE
22) Timeclo
23) Kyle89
24) Sinnbad11
25) Cino
26) redrako
27) Sandorfi
28) SharpieB
29) Sotiris_A

My decision to keep wetshaving supplies at work is now really paying dividends. I've cut my index finger, relatively normal when you work in a kitchen, a quick attack with the Styptic Pencil and it's healed. No blue plaster that falls off at the slightest hint of water for me, its almost like the cut never happened.

May 1

A healing shave for a new month after being bit by a Shark Stainless blade in a Maggard V3 yesterday.

Pre-Shave: 365 Everyday Value Olive Oil Glycerin Soap
Lather:Soap Commander Endurance
Brush: Maggard Horn 24 mm synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34c hd
Blade: PolSilver Super Irridium (3)
Post-shave: Avon Spicy splash, Soap Commander Endurance Balm

Taking a little extra care this morning, by using Whole Foods excellent house brand glycerin soap as a preshave , along with the gentle Merkur 34c and the reliable PolSilver SI.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
OK OK OK You win :c1: , I'll take the bait, tell me about a Fluffernutter!
I have been seeing you byline for awhile and I guess now is the time to ask the big question!

It is 4:30 AM, day one. This is a piece of cake, no sweat, we got this.
I knew you'd ask eventually, so I'm prepared... as it seems like everybody asks...

After being under the weather in the last week for no apparent reasons, could be the heat strokes going on in my city, I shed the lethargy, quit feeling sorry and got a wonderful shave today.

Part of the reason for this wonderful shave is the RazoRock Lupo 95, for this I'm thankful to the owner for the opportunity.

I selected one of the blades provided by fellow Gentleman who sent me a plethora of blades as PIF a few months back.

3 pass BBS shave with minimum pressure and ample loading of Un Jour Gris games every a very pleasant experience and fitting for a weary evening shave.

RazoRock Lupo 95
RazoRock Beehive 28 mm
Catie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris
Rockwell Stainless Steel blade #1
Old Spice Original ASL

Attachments

• IMG_20210501_201323.jpg
    IMG_20210501_201323.jpg
    11.9 MB · Views: 2
I knew you'd ask eventually, so I'm prepared... as it seems like everybody asks...

Thanks to Owen's prompting, I made a fluffernutter this winter and it was as good as I remember. It's certainly sweeter than what the adult me is used to, but it was fun to eat.

Inquiring minds want to know! Now I know "the rest of the story".
It is now on my bucket list of things to try.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Thanks to Owen's prompting, I made a fluffernutter this winter and it was as good as I remember. It's certainly sweeter than what the adult me is used to, but it was fun to eat.
If during the restraint you feel an irresistible urge to purchase something, see if a couple of Fluffernutters and a tall cold glass of milk and Bosco takes care of it.

Top Bottom