What's new

May 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

1st shave of the May GRUME

Razor: Schick Injector Type G4 - Schick 66
Blade: Schick Injector (1)
Soap: The Goodfellas' Smile Tallow N.1
Brush: Omega 10065 Boar
AS: Bootlegger's Green Freeze

1st shave using the Goodfellas' Smile Tallow N.1 and it was a good shave. Honestly I bought it on sale forever and a day ago simply because to the artwork (I'm a huge H.P. Lovecraft fan and Cthulhu). It performed well but I'll need to dial it in over the next few shaves. The only early observation is I'm not sure if the scent is something I like.

IMG_0047.jpeg

First shave of the GRUME on May 1st.

First GRUME Shave
Jagger 89
Gillette Platinum (2)
D R Harris Lavender
Fendrihan Synthetic 24mm

Pre-Shave:
Warm/Hot shower, warm water splashes and sudsy bloom water from Harris soap
Shave:
2X mostly WTG using Gillette Slide technique on 2nd pass. Focus on shave angle and minimal strokes on 1st pass. Warm water face and neck rinse.
Post Shave:
Cold water splashes, Thayers WH Lavender and Nature Republic Aloe Vera
Balm Mixture:
Cremo Cooling, The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronics, JJ Labs Gamma Polyglutamic Acid Serum and two other bee and royal jelly products.
Aftershave:
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic only applied on hands and arms
Great Shave!

Well here’s to how to fail May … well not the GRUME, on the first day this would be ridiculous , but the resupply day, I did not had much on my list, yet I came back empty handed. The face wash, I wanted has been on sales for 2 month at the local grocery store and there was still a few out there last week. Well none were left today on the shelf. The second item on the list was a new after shave balm (new to me ), I wanted to buy the Cremo one. Yes I know underwhelming. The first store was not out but all the bottle were pretty well banged up. I did not tried to go to a second store, the sky decided to let go and has been delivering his year long supply of water in one day … I retreated to home and we shall see how this will go.

As for this month well this month set up is bellow.

No shave today and yes still in … Have a good month folks

IMG-8939.jpg

First day of the May Grume, 3.2% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4, Astra SP #6
Post-shave: Nivea Balm.

Had a lazy autopilot shave with the Rockwell. It's been on a diet — a Windrose 84mm Ti handle got the weight down from 118g to 88g.

Got a surprisingly good DFS for no effort.

I've tried the Merica razor and Karve OC-D. Merica was too mild for me. Karve OC-D was similar to the Stirling ST plate in blade feel and efficiency but I preferred the Stirling ST for smoother feel.
Awesome, I really appreciate it. The merica is quite mild from my understanding. The karve f plate is supposedly similar to my Yates EH, which is my favorite razor right now. It sounds like I will definitely get along with the st or ha plate from Stirling then!

A bit of a long road to reach that destination but I appreciate the help!

I’m in. Missed the restock date for my new travel tube of shaving cream but feel like I can survive another month without it. Two Gifts & Care purchases from March are still outstanding. That should brighten up the month.

1) FoolishMortal
2) Doti B
3) MtView
4) wmadoty
5) Herrenberg
6) La Malice
7) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
8) henrickd - GRUYERE
9) Heavy_Metal_Hound
10) Roedeer
11) Chef455
12) Jmp63 - GRUYERE
13) Owen Bawn
14) Contact_vs_Feedback - GRUYERE
15) Schnitzel52
16) ‘Bout Time
17) AZBronco
18) Cahoots
19) SeinfeldNoir
20) tjsgarden
21) pdieten - GRUYERE
22) Timeclo
23) Kyle89
24) Sinnbad11
25) Cino
26) redrako
27) Sandorfi
28) SharpieB
29) Sotiris_A
30) Tomo

Still in and a fantastic shave this morning using some old favourites and a new blade

Pre-Shave: Warm face wash
T&H Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3)
Blade: Tiger Platinum (first use)
Brush: Omega Pure Badger
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime
Post Shave: Alum Block
Trumper Limes Skin Food
Castle Forbes Lime ASB
Cologne: T&H West Indian Limes

Probably 1st time using CF Lime in a long time. It’s now the season for it though. Trumper Lime skin food and CF Lime ASB left skin feeling silky smooth. 1st time with a Tiger Platinum blade and must admit was pleasantly surprised. 3 pass shave with minimal touch ups gave a BBS shave with absolutely no irritation or feedback from alum. 😎😎😎😎
Now time to go and prepare lunch as SWMBO is out 😫😫😫😫
876499D1-0D9F-4F98-B5D0-2B7F844B0F97.jpeg

Still in and a fantastic shave this morning using some old favourites and a new blade

Pre-Shave: Warm face wash
T&H Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3)
Blade: Tiger Platinum (first use)
Brush: Omega Pure Badger
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime
Post Shave: Alum Block
Trumper Limes Skin Food
Castle Forbes Lime ASB
Cologne: T&H West Indian Limes

Probably 1st time using CF Lime in a long time. It’s now the season for it though. Trumper Lime skin food and CF Lime ASB left skin feeling silky smooth. 1st time with a Tiger Platinum blade and must admit was pleasantly surprised. 3 pass shave with minimal touch ups gave a BBS shave with absolutely no irritation or feedback from alum. 😎😎😎😎
Now time to go and prepare lunch as SWMBO is out 😫😫😫😫View attachment 1260993
The last couple days of April I thought about wanting to get a lime soap. Now I also want the the aftershave balm.....in the month of June. Great combo!

Top Bottom