What's new

May 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Yesterday (Friday) morning's shave was again with my Titan 1918 ACRO straight razor. I changed things a bit by this time by slowing the speed of my strokes down. There was a noticable improvement in the closeness on each of my two passes (WTG & XTG).

Being a Friday, I also gave the razor my Fool's Pass Test (FPT). The result was perfect.

With yesterday's FPT result, this morning (Saturday) I decided to try something new again with the ARCO. This time I made my first pass an ATG pass. Surprisingly, it went very well. Not BBS all over but very comfortable. I finished with an XTG pass for a DFS result.

It's fun trying different approaches to my daily shave routine.

Still in.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
No vesperum shave today. I am going to test my self-control and see if I can go for 48 hours without shaving. This will be harder than a GRUME as I enjoy my shaving even more than getting new/different shaving equipment.

This won't be easy. Wish me luck and those who are so inclined, pray for me.

No vesperum shave today. I am going to test my self-control and see if I can go for 48 hours without shaving. This will be harder than a GRUME as I enjoy my shaving even more than getting new/different shaving equipment.

This won't be easy. Wish me luck and those who are so inclined, pray for me.
Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Good luck @rbscebu. There are days I skip shaving mostly because I'm dead tired. Love the shave afterwards.
Still in.
Last three days I used Personna in Karve OC-C. Three good shaves, I probably could have extend the blade for one or two more. Why should I, so into the blade bank it went. Gonna get me new blade tonight. I'm thinking about taking SB-E for a spin. Maybe next month.

Still in. Lathered up my 26mm SHD badger for a run. Felt really nice.

Saw some good deals again but left it as it is... Plenty of hooks out there - tread with caution.

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Just about a week left, those of you who are still in have my compliments! Being stuck at home makes it doubly impressive!

Since my dropping out I’ve been good though, for the most part. Currently writing up a review for this beauty, arrived in the mail yesterday - I suspect not many will recognise this razor, much less want to read a wall of text about it. Still, good things are meant to be shared, and this razor is indeed good!

1590257246487.jpeg

Still in.

I enjoyed my 48-hour shave. The rinse tub was full of stubble, and my face felt great. I also skipped my shave on Saturday, so I will have another 48-hour one on Sunday.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I DID IT!
Wasn't easy, but I managed to go for 48 hours without shaving. I haven't done that since early March when I was preparing for the second SR barber shave of my life.

Have finished cooking and eating my breakfast. Settling down now to a much anticipated SR shave.

Still in! I might be transitioning to daily shaving since my face seems to take shavettes better than DEs.

Also, I went for a face lather with a CK6 sample. Lathered up well and is slick but I don' think it's worth the 25. Also, I took out a badger that I had stored for a while. I still smell the funk so I'll have to give it couple more rinses.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My 48-hour SR shave went okay but not as enjoyable as my normal daily SR shaves. I used my regular setup of:

Titan 1918 ACRO T.H. 60 SR
Proraso green shave cream
Face lathered using Chinese genuine synthetic badger brush

After my normal two passes WTG & XTG, I still needed a bit of a touch up here and there to get to my regular finish.

I'm not overly impressed with going shaveless for 48 hours. I'll stick with daily shaves and the occasional vesperum shave when I have a guest coming to visit.

Still in.

Still in, despite "buy this" emails.

Another 48-hour shave on Sunday, using the Rockwell 6S on R5, and a Merkur 23C head on a Rockwell handle for upper lip and chin ATG.

Knocking down a hedgehog-like stubble is a novelty, but I'm probably liking a 2-day break between ATG attempts on difficult bits.

Good ATG result though ... after the Nivea Balm kicked in. If that's all you need, and no Styptic, that's called a "good" upper lip ATG here so far. :001_smile

I'll try the black plastic Wilkinson Classic next for that job. It's the secret weapon of the neck ATG, after all, and the skin is about 3 times thicker on my face.

Still in! SOTD - 25 MAY 2020

SOTD 05252020.jpg

Lather - Siliski Soaps test base
Brush - Yaqi 24mm 2-band badger
Razor - CJB kamisori shavette
Blade - Feather AC Pro (10)
Post - Thayer's WH Rose

Good shave. Thirsty soap needs a lotta o water. I thought I put enough but I was wrong. Brush felt soft and scrubby on the face. Good balance. CJB cut well and wrapped the shave with the mild post.

No temptations. I did lock in a trade for a Mix badger/boar brush so I'm excited for that. This GRUME is making me creative with all the trades, haha.

CJB cut well and wrapped the shave with the mild post
I'm intrigued by the CJB, Timeclo. I ought to try some sort of shavette, if I can get hold of one.

Basic Rockwell R5 tidy-up here, a good SAS, and then played around with using the plastic Wilkinson Classic as "difficult area" ATG device on my chin. Mostly good.

Top Bottom