What's new

MAY 2019 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it's still Spring but the weather is so up and down these days ....

The sun is shinning more, the days are warmer, the hours longer and only a it of wind and rain so, let the hunt begin. Visit the familiar places and seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

I'll begin the May Scores with my RFB #77 set. Came to me in excellent condition. I'll use a little silver polish & it will look new. This is my second RFB, so I'm quite familiar with the wonderful shaves they provide.
IMG_0949.jpg
IMG_0946.jpg
IMG_0947.jpg
IMG_0948.jpg

This will probably be my best score for May, shy of something extreme happening.

I put in a bid for two uncased Fatboys that needed some work. Turns out, one of them is a D1 Red Dot Fatboy. Woot!

proxy.php

The Flare is a mystery.

A new Feather (image from vendor)
49597403cf242eed65b3ad6dd07f0e6a_800x.jpg

And a Zenith boar (crappy picture from my phone)
IMG_20190516_1909068.jpg

Can't wait to shave with them.

Nice array of soaps there David. Congratulations.
Thank you. I recently tried Grooming Dept. & discovered how fantastic that soap is. So I jumped in & decided to try some other brands that are frequently listed as elite. So far I've tried the DG Bandwagon & after just one use, I'm thinking this may be an elite soap. I need more shaves with it before I can make such a statement, but it is going to be a pleasure to get more shaves in with that soap. Looking forward to trying the others as well.

Picked up a fox, an ambicut (thuri backed), a stone I'm still figuring out, but which may be a 9x2" PDSO, a 5" Thuri (for $22), and another thuri (I think 7", but perspective made it hard to tell... hasn't arrived yet)... all eBay scores.

Just picked these up from a local vendor. The Astra SPs were only 7 USD for the carton. The razor was a gift from the vendor. They also have SuperMax Creams there, but I haven't taken a picture of them yet. I'll try to gather up what I have acquired and get the pictures up as I can.

Way to go @BigD, nice scores!
I got way more. I just need to gather them up, take a picture, and post. Even though I'm in Kurdistan right now. It's full of Turkish products. The Turks might hate the Kurds, but the Kurds really buy up Turkish products.

I picked all this up for under $20 at a local Marshall's. I haven't tried the cream or balm but the bath soap works great with a wonderful scent
proxy.php

I had to see what all the fuss was about. I like the scent off the puck. I wasn't really sure what to expect but it smells exactly like laundry. It's a nice clean scent that I can see pairing with a lot of other scents. I think I'm going to like this
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom