What's new

MAY 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well May has begun and Spring is edging into a warmth that is a harbinger of Summer to come. With this warmer weather it is definitely time to sharpen the eye for that elusive fine when you least expect it.

The Scores await, whether they be in the wild and on line. When you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... I need one of THOSE....

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I just got this razor. I like it.

feather razor.png

DSC02120.JPG
Vreto Shaving Soap from Serbia. Participated in a group buy from a UK Forum. Cedar/Sandalwood and Bay Rum. Test lathering it tomorrow night.

Also another Barbasol clone head. this time Clix (maybe). the pic on the box does not match the head. Maybe ready for shave tomorrow night also.

Yesterday packages shaving cream from Gift&Care and the Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget" (Badger/Boar) a friend from Lodge

View attachment 881186 Vreto Shaving Soap from Serbia. Participated in a group buy from a UK Forum. Cedar/Sandalwood and Bay Rum. Test lathering it tomorrow night.

Also another Barbasol clone head. this time Clix (maybe). the pic on the box does not match the head. Maybe ready for shave tomorrow night also.
Neat acquisitions.

I had to pick up some Creeper from The Holy Black to other night. Unfortunately the splash was gone by the time I found out they made another batch. Nevertheless, I am pretty eager to experience the cooling effect of the soap. The scent from the porcelain container is fairly strong and pleasant
Steve

IMG_9411.jpg

IMG_9414.jpg

IMG_9415.jpg

USPS very busy today. Got a 26mm Stirling Synth brush, a Gillette New Improved Tuckaway in need of a bath, and a Swing Razor that finally got here after more than a month. The Swing and the brush probably going to make it for tonight's shave.
DSC02145.JPG

20180504_135448.jpg
20180510_220049.jpg
20180504_135522.jpg
20180504_133805.jpg

One Yaqi-pearl with RazoRock Barber pole, sterile Barbi floating head, Karve brass with D plate, and a custom handle for my PAA AES. Brass and ox blood make a good combo.

20180504_135031.jpg

Since I was not lucky enough to get the full version of the Creeper splash before it sold out, I had to order The Holy Black Shaving Soap to get a remaining sample of the Creeper. No worries because I always wanted to try their main line soap. I'm just happy to at least get a sample of the splash to try with the Creeper Soap. The last thing I needed was another shave order to come in when we are just about to take delivery of a new car and in about a week embark on the Maggard's meet. I think the wife doesn't understand "limited availability!" I also received my wall charger today for the new ride. Going electric this time around and I'm excited to pick it up this weekend. I never had an electric car, so I am a bit nervous, but a I think everything will be fine. At least I will be well shaven when I get behind the wheel!
Steve
IMG_9558.jpg

IMG_9559.jpg

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9569.jpg
IMG_9570.jpg

Just won this after loosing out on several razors for a few weeks. It's a Heljestrand MK30 in what appears to be ivory scales and really good shape.

mk30-1.jpg
mk30-2.jpg
mk30-3.jpg

Now let's see if I can find myself a nice finisher and I'm done with acquisitions this year.

I happened to stop by TJ Max yesterday to see if they had some items I needed. When I was looking I found some Proraso Blue shaving cream in the tube. Also found Green and Red shaving soap pucks. I decided to take the Green and Blue as I have not tried them yet. Both came out to $9. I'd say that's a good deal for both. All of these items were in the ladies section of hair and body care. So if your looking, keep your eyes open.

Another month of overindulgence:

Shaving Soaps
*Henri et Victoria
--Cognac and Cuban Cigars
--La Poire Francaise
* Noble Otter Barrbarr
*Proraso
--Green
--Red

Aftershave
*Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
*Clubman Gent's Gin

Picked up my 3rd Gillette FB (my favourite razor), Gillette Red Tip, Gillette Black Beauty Short handle. The collection keeps getting bigger!

I found a Gillette Slim Adjustable - 1964 J4 - crammed in a case amidst unrelated items at an antique store last week. Cleaned it up a bit and found it to be fully functional. Not an amazing find, per se, but it's my first score in the wild since I started traditional wetshaving a few months ago - what a thrill! Fitting that this would be my first post on B&B!IMG_6298.JPG IMG_6288.JPG IMG_6292.JPG IMG_6294.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom