What's new

MAY 2017 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

May is here and Spring is in full swing, but the Scores do not care.

They are always out there awaiting discovery.

Yes, time does seem to fly but no matter the month, the season, or the weather, there is always something to be found. And you can mark it as yours.

When you find it, let us know.

We all want to see and think ... I'm need one of THOSE....

Hibbard Spencer Bartlett 5/8ths
sbh.jpg

Maseto 30mm Finest bought from eBay; it took about 3 weeks to arrive from China. Beautiful presentation as it arrived in a nice handmade box along with a brush stand and key chain. I'll have to take it for a spin tomorrow.
Maseto 3MAY17.JPG

Great score! Looks like a nice, dense knot. I've been looking at those myself.
Thank you! Yeah, the knot feels pretty good, nice backbone. For the price, you can't beat it. They have silver tip knots for like $5 more. I will give it a go tonight.

Received this Charcoal Razor yesterday; I had seen a few YouTube videos highlighting how wonderful they shave and with the fact that I can pass this down to my sons, it became a no brainer.
IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
I have read and heard that St. James of London shaving creams were top notch and offer great value for the money. I have since learned my lesson of forking money over for just one tub of cream/soap and then not liking it. I have been buying samples of tons of soaps now to figure out what I like/don't like. I went to their site and bought this sample pack for $6.99 and shipping was free (you can't beat that). I am looking forward to trying them out then I'll decide on which one I like the best.
IMG_1206.JPG

The Charcoal Goods razor is a beauty! I'm keeping watch on his site and hopefully will be able to pick up one soon. Good idea with the samples.

Mail Call:

Back Row: Both The Distinctive Goat Style 10 Cherry/Walnut and Style 4 Cypress Sinker Log both 5 1/2"
Front Row Left to right.: Romera 24mm Manchurian, next 3 from APShaveCo: 24mm Cashmere Synthetic, 24mm Tuxedo Synthetic and 22mm Faux Horse. Last one on the right is 24mm Romera extra dense Silvertip.
DSC00864B.JPG
DSC00858B.JPG
DSC00854B.JPG
DSC00857B.JPG
DSC00856B.JPG

I hit a couple of antique shops and flea markets over the last week. Here's what came home with me.
DSCF0097.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom