What's new

Maxwell June Razor. Anyone try this razor yet?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Well I just got an email from Maxwell June founder Rob. He said that due to a review on another shaving website sales have been very brisk and they ran out of inventory. My razor won't ship until Thursday now. Perhaps the razors for @luvmysuper or @emwolf have shipped already.
I've not received any messages that it hasn't shipped, but I've not received any messages that it has either.

I've not received any messages that it hasn't shipped, but I've not received any messages that it has either.
My email said "Your Maxwell June order is now complete". In the email is a USPS tracking number. The tracking says it should arrive Friday. Apparently two business days doesn't include the actual day that you ordered it. I ordered mine shortly before noon on Thursday. If you ordered on Friday then your order should be processed tomorrow. I don't know what configuration you ordered but if they are out of stock then Thursday is when Rob said that they would be receiving parts back from anodizing and filling orders. If you don't want to wait, Rob did offer me one with a minor anodizing blemish. His quote " I can also send you a clear short or long if you can accept a minor finish defect on the head back. We have 4 head back left that have a tiny black spot on the back that sometimes shows randomly in clear anodizing.". I would try to get a discount for a razor with a blemish though.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My email said "Your Maxwell June order is now complete". In the email is a USPS tracking number. The tracking says it should arrive Friday. Apparently two business days doesn't include the actual day that you ordered it. I ordered mine shortly before noon on Thursday. If you ordered on Friday then your order should be processed tomorrow. I don't know what configuration you ordered but if they are out of stock then Thursday is when Rob said that they would be receiving parts back from anodizing and filling orders. If you don't want to wait, Rob did offer me one with a minor anodizing blemish. His quote " I can also send you a clear short or long if you can accept a minor finish defect on the head back. We have 4 head back left that have a tiny black spot on the back that sometimes shows randomly in clear anodizing.". I would try to get a discount for a razor with a blemish though.
Thanks, I'm in no rush, so when it gets here, it gets here! :w00t:

The concept looks intriguing, but I'm not willing to drop a c-note on one until I see some reviews from people I trust (Like B&B members as opposed to Amazon reviews).

It looks like the DE blade gets folded and then press fit. What about removing the used blade, though?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
It looks great until someone loses a finger bending the blade in half with the patented roto-whirly blade bend-inserter.

images.jpeg

Just kidding. I'm sure it's solid.

I recently received communication from Maxwell June that the razor head has M6 female threads and the handle has M6 male threads.
The concept looks intriguing, but I'm not willing to drop a c-note on one until I see some reviews from people I trust (Like B&B members as opposed to Amazon reviews).

It looks like the DE blade gets folded and then press fit. What about removing the used blade, though?
<iframe width="680" height="383" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I will test it out and see if it lives up to Sharpologist reviews and the manufacturer’s claims of no irritation and easy BBS when doing a three pass shave. Supposedly finding the right angle is easy and if you use the wrong angle it just won’t cut. You were one of the first members to speak to me when I arrived and I would love to do you a solid
I believe, if my records are korreck, I was the SECOND member to pick on, er... SPEAK to you....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

I'll bet it snaps in half, we just don't see it. I REALLY like the concept. After years of cart shaving systems, even though I started on DE shaving as a wee lad, I STILL have a tendency to PUSH instead of letting the razor do the werk.

But if my lovely bride ever starts sleeping with both eyes shut, and I decipher the passwerd to the PayFriend account, I'll buy one, just like I used to buy all the stuff from Ron Popiel on late night infomercials!

Blades snaps in half, one of the videos Mantic posted showed removing the blade form the head, using the 'insert' which goes in before pushing in the blade. The blade was definitely broken, but not quite in half, looked more like an offset snap, where the upper blade half has a bit less tab than the lower, giving the staggered blades.

I look at this an an alternative to a Schick Twin blade for an injector, which is one of the easier & closer shaving safety razors I've used. If it yields a shave like a Schick Twin blade, loaded into my Schick Adjustable, it would absolutely be a winner. - I'm obviously keeping an eye out for reviews. - Like I need yet another razor.

I recently received communication from Maxwell June that the razor head has M6 female threads and the handle has M6 male threads.

<iframe width="680" height="383" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Somehow I missed the removal part originally.

I'll bet it snaps in half, we just don't see it. I REALLY like the concept. After years of cart shaving systems, even though I started on DE shaving as a wee lad, I STILL have a tendency to PUSH instead of letting the razor do the werk.

But if my lovely bride ever starts sleeping with both eyes shut, and I decipher the passwerd to the PayFriend account, I'll buy one, just like I used to buy all the stuff from Ron Popiel on late night infomercials!

It's "password321" Don't forget the quotes. :lol1:

Top Bottom