What's new

Maxwell June Razor. Anyone try this razor yet?

@jason2
I don't remember right now, been awhile since this thread was active, but you may be able to use just one blade. That may help you figure out the angle and if you select the right one, may give you some margin. Or are you pushing like a cartridge!?

@jason2
I don't remember right now, been awhile since this thread was active, but you may be able to use just one blade. That may help you figure out the angle and if you select the right one, may give you some margin. Or are you pushing like a cartridge!?

Oh, I went full on stupid. lol

I went at it like I did the highproof which I can treat like a cartridge. Long strokes and pressure. I'll be going a much different approach next time.

Looking back on this thread, the Maxwell June was a birthday present to myself in 2021. I've enjoyed this far more than cartridge razors, it's kind of a hybrid between a DE and a cart. Imagine my dismay when loading a Personna Med Prep the other day and I didn't have it aligned properly. Instead of inserting the blade, my safety bar was bent, truly beyond repair. I thought I'd email the company and see if they had a replacement cap, rather than just buy a whole new razor. Rob answered promptly and is shipping out a replacement cap AND a new version of the razor (he says since I purchased originally they've improved and would rather I have a working razor than one that might not fit properly). All for little more than the shipping price. Now that is someone who believes in their product! I am blown away at this level of service and support.

More thoughts on the Maxwell June. I'll keep using it for a bit longer.

Cream: Creme original
Razor/Blade:
Head - Maxwell June w/ Astra SP
Face/Neck - 1928 New Standard w/ Astra SP
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - Fine Snake bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive
full

10/10 face/neck
8/10 head

The face shave was great. I don't use this razor often. It makes me nervous to use. I'm not so much a collector and I always buy a razor intending to use it. This New improved razor I got has zero flaws and the handle tube seems so fragile I don't want to split or crack it. It shaves great though and a bit more blade feel then the NEW and Brit Aristocrat I got recently. Those two are crazy smooth feeling that I wasn't expecting.

Ok, head shave... I tried the Maxwell June again. I love the engineering and design behind this razor. The handle length is great for me to get behind the head and back of the neck to shoulders.

The only negative is I do have to slow down and think. I definitely can't treat it like a cartridge razor like I can with the High Proof. I used very little if any pressure today and only got one nick this time. Huge improvement over last times scalping. Super efficient razor and so much less touch ups then with the High Proof. Now if Maxwell comes out with a pivoting head I would definitely try it too. The Maxwell Spring...

For speed and ease of shaving the High Proof wins for me. For closeness of shave and agility to get everywhere the Maxwell June wins. But for me the Mach 3 is still my overall favorite head shaver.

More thoughts on the Maxwell June. I'll keep using it for a bit longer.

Cream: Creme original
Razor/Blade:
Head - Maxwell June w/ Astra SP
Face/Neck - 1928 New Standard w/ Astra SP
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - Fine Snake bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive
full

10/10 face/neck
8/10 head

The face shave was great. I don't use this razor often. It makes me nervous to use. I'm not so much a collector and I always buy a razor intending to use it. This New improved razor I got has zero flaws and the handle tube seems so fragile I don't want to split or crack it. It shaves great though and a bit more blade feel then the NEW and Brit Aristocrat I got recently. Those two are crazy smooth feeling that I wasn't expecting.

Ok, head shave... I tried the Maxwell June again. I love the engineering and design behind this razor. The handle length is great for me to get behind the head and back of the neck to shoulders.

The only negative is I do have to slow down and think. I definitely can't treat it like a cartridge razor like I can with the High Proof. I used very little if any pressure today and only got one nick this time. Huge improvement over last times scalping. Super efficient razor and so much less touch ups then with the High Proof. Now if Maxwell comes out with a pivoting head I would definitely try it too. The Maxwell Spring...

For speed and ease of shaving the High Proof wins for me. For closeness of shave and agility to get everywhere the Maxwell June wins. But for me the Mach 3 is still my overall favorite head shaver.
Nice vintage razor!

This Maxwell June tread stopped in March and never even made in to "June" (2023).
Now I am considering getting this for my brother-in-law for B-day gift.
Life long cartridge guy but he has been retired for a few year now.
He loves to fiddle & shave....So it may keep him out of my sisters hair for awhile.
So what is the over update and consensuses for all the Maxwell June users.
Are you on a Maxwell June shave sabactic ?

Hopefully all have not been taken out by that medieval( ok somewhat innovated) blade press.....
Just don't give it to little Jr to play around with.

Cheers,
BFX

also they should consider:
1698429156491.png

:)

This Maxwell June tread stopped in March and never even made in to "June" (2023).
Now I am considering getting this for my brother-in-law for B-day gift.
Life long cartridge guy but he has been retired for a few year now.
He loves to fiddle & shave....So it may keep him out of my sisters hair for awhile.
So what is the over update and consensuses for all the Maxwell June users.
Are you on a Maxwell June shave sabactic ?

Hopefully all have not been taken out by that medieval( ok somewhat innovated) blade press.....
Just don't give it to little Jr to play around with.

Cheers,
BFX

also they should consider:
View attachment 1739187
:)
Still a fan, although it doesn't get as much use as my DE and traditional SE razors. I have way too many razors I like to rotate through for it to get much more than a half dozen uses per year. The updated loading and design is much better than the original. And, if you're a cartridge fan who wants to save money, this is definitely the way to go.

Top Bottom