What's new

Max Sprecher Cutthroats

I love his beautiful work and was wondering how are they to hone? Near wedge and 1/4 hollow? I don’t want pesky blades that take a long time to hone. I’m a big fan of 6/8 and 7/8 full hollow blades just to give you idea.

I love his beautiful work and was wondering how are they to hone? Near wedge and 1/4 hollow? I don’t want pesky blades that take a long time to hone. I’m a big fan of 6/8 and 7/8 full hollow blades just to give you idea.

I’m a shaver not really a honer. The quarter hollow of his that I own has only needed stropping and one refresh so far but if it needed any true honing I’d probably send it back to Max. Sorry I’m not much help! I love Max’s edge though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a shaver not really a honer. The quarter hollow of his that I own has only needed stropping and one refresh so far but if it needed any true honing I’d probably send it back to Max. Sorry I’m not much help! I love Max’s edge though. I’ve had the razor since April and it’s currently my daily driver

Many, if not most of Max' blades are O1 Tool Steel. The edge on mine is quite durable and very easy to hone. Nothing leaves Max's shop that is not 100%! Your spine will be straight, and bevels perfectly even. Max is a perfectionist, and it shows in his work... very refreshing to see these days.
Buy from Max with complete confidence... everything I have gotten from Max has been flawless!

Many, if not most of Max' blades are O1 Tool Steel. The edge on mine is quite durable and very easy to hone. Nothing leaves Max's shop that is not 100%! Your spine will be straight, and bevels perfectly even. Max is a perfectionist, and it shows in his work... very refreshing to see these days.
Buy from Max with complete confidence... everything I have gotten from Max has been flawless!

I totally agree, his razors truly are functional art. I own one and have another on order.

I've never owned a Max Sprecher straight but I've owned more than my fair share of customs and I've never had a problem honing any of them.

Top Bottom