What's new

Materials 2019 B&B LE Pipe

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
CH or PA will probably never touch any of my LEs, but YMMV. Not a put down of either classic OTC, really, but I would reserve my LEs for something special. I suppose some use OTCs as "break in" tobaccos, but I'm not convinced such a thing is needed. Perhaps I'm wrong?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
CH or PA will probably never touch any of my LEs, but YMMV. Not a put down of either classic OTC, really, but I would reserve my LEs for something special. I suppose some use OTCs as "break in" tobaccos, but I'm not convinced such a thing is needed. Perhaps I'm wrong?
Some use Carter Hall for break in- no ghosting.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
CH or PA will probably never touch any of my LEs, but YMMV. Not a put down of either classic OTC, really, but I would reserve my LEs for something special. I suppose some use OTCs as "break in" tobaccos, but I'm not convinced such a thing is needed.

+1

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Yeah, I can see that, just wonder if that's needed if you are going to dedicate the pipe for a certain type of blend, like an English, anyways?

I was a cigarette smoker and smoke medium-full cigars. Believe me when I tell you that I’ve tried all styles of pipe tobacco. Burley based blends are what I like. They provide a rich body to the smoke. Virginia tobacco blends almost always give me tongue bite. English blends, Dunhill 965. Carter Hall and Prince Albert, once dried out some are effortless to smoke and provide the rich body that I desire. PA cherry vanilla is a burley based aromatic that provides the same. Paul Bonacquisti, a well respected pipe maker, owns Parklane Tobacco shop and has a real talent for blending tobaccos. He has some excellent burley based blends.

As for pipes, I’m a big fan of the Bulldog/Rhodesian shape followed by the classic billiard shape. The bowl shape and bore are perfect for burley.

Smoke what you like in what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom