What's new

Matching humidor

I can surely answer "yes" to the first two questions but these are a little out of my league. I've more of a www.cheaphumidors.com guy.

I've had my time spending BIG $$ on this stuff. At this point in my life, it's more about functionality. Get a decent humidor and update the humidifier / hygrometer. Now THAT's talking my language! :cool:

When it comes to cigar paraphanelia I dont know cheap......My local cigar/liquor store had its last day today and I went there for a bottle of stoly's and came out with 2 prometheus lighters and cutter, box of Oliva's belisco and a couple perfecto's and a couple puros indios. Yeah ive looked at cheaphumidors but cant seem to find one I like, http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/cabinetindex.html has some real nice onces and there made here in texas.

This could not have come up at a worse time. Look at this bad boy i picked up two days ago!! I am in the process of brining it up to humity before I stashes some of my beauties in there. The owner of my local shop has this puppy on sale 1/2 off for a chip it had in the corner of th lid. So she is mine now.

That is truely beautifull.................I love the humidors that represent cigar names. I try to pick them up when I find them at a good deal........ this is one that I have wanted for a long time, there is only a limited number made and they are like $7,500 on ebay :eek:

Sean,

Is that a Fuente Opus X??? One of my faves. The R&J I picked up is a numbered edition I have 129/130. They guy dumped it on me for $300 with all the humidifiers and 2 hydrogemeters and he threw in a maximus diamond crown. One hell of a strong cigar, comes on spicey and stays that way all through out. Nice black pepper taste with it.

Maximus diamond crown?......never heard of it, im a oliva grand maduro man myself. R&J makes a maduro with a black label(cant remember the name of it though)that I love but at almost $7 a cigar there rare for me. Yes that is a opus that prometheus makes..beautifull!! That is one hell of a deal that you got....im jealous.

Wow Adam!

I was going to ask you how much you paid, but I didn't want to be nosey...

At $300 that is a helluva deal!

Those Opus X humidors have stayed fairly stable, price-wise. Like all things "Opus," it's a very carefully controlled supply which keeps the demand (and the price) at it's maximum.

I do love those cigars, though... Like just about every Fuente I've had; the contruction is as close to repeatable and top-notch as possible in a hand made product.

I've just finished the last of my Havana stash. Frankly the fairly high ratio of plugged cigars has left a really bad taste in my mouth (exc. the pun). For the price and the hassle of getting them - I don't believe they're worth it any longer. Pre-boom... they were just excellent. Post-boom... every factory is rolling and shipping immature cigars rolled by inexperienced torcedors. Sad - but it's all about making money.

methodshaving.com said:
maximus diamond crown. One hell of a strong cigar, comes on spicey and stays that way all through out. Nice black pepper taste with it.

I found um.......$55 for 5 :eek: ....and I thought I was extravagant

I can't help this thread out...sorry...the only thing that I smoke is oak, hickory and mesquite in my BBQ pit and then my wife makes me take a shower before we go to walmart because in southeast missouri...that aroma on a man attracts all the single girls to him...you can be as ugly as lard soap and that fragrance will attract a cute non-cooking female right to you....

I should bottle that for around here....

mark tssb

Mark,

Give me a some oak and hickory and I will smoke the hell out of what ever is around. Rund these parts in VA it is pork, pork, pork. Let me at them shoulders, butts, and aby backs.

Sean,

That price is off by about $1 a stick. I get em for $10 a piece. Then again I have never bought them, he did throw one in I I sat around and smoked it in the store. He was hoping I would buy a few before I left, I didn't but they are on my mind. I might just have to age a few in the new humidor. They are hand blended by Fuente and just spectacular if you like a strong cigar.

Like I said........to rich for my blood, The only cigar that ill spend big bucks on every once in a while is the R&J special reserve maduro around $6 or $7 a cigar.

mark the shoeshine boy said:
I can't help this thread out...sorry...the only thing that I smoke is oak, hickory and mesquite in my BBQ pit and then my wife makes me take a shower before we go to walmart because in southeast missouri...that aroma on a man attracts all the single girls to him...you can be as ugly as lard soap and that fragrance will attract a cute non-cooking female right to you....

I should bottle that for around here....

mark tssb

I love smoking wood as well..........this is when I get most of my cigar smoke and vodka drinkin done.

I have a uncle who is a master at wood working.............The little stools you see in catholic churches people kneel on......he makes those in virginia beach and has just signed a contract with some one to produce them for a series of churches I guess. Instead of me spending around $2000 on a custom humidor he is going to make me one.

Top Bottom