What's new

Matador de luxe

Hello gents,

Anyone knows more about this Swedish razor?

I expect receiving the one in the photos in a couple of days, thought it would be nice to get some knowledge before trying it. [emoji4] Thanks!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have one just like that.
Very nice and effective razor.
Quite heavy so I would guess it is made of brass.

(Here) in Sweden we can usually find old Matadors for 2-4 Euros in our local flea markets and second hand shops.

R

romsitsa

It can be zamak or brass, depending on the model. Can't tell you which one yours will be.

Nice looking! PLEASE write a review after you get yours!! :a29:

First shave tonight, paired with a Nacet blade, 3rd use.
MWF for the lather, 3 days stubble.

It is a very well balanced razor, not too heavy, the handle is grippy enough and the cap covers completely the blade tabs.

I’m a steep shaver, but as I noticed very little blade feel, I used a shallow angle. Great performer, very smooth and surprisingly efficient!! I instantly had a comparison in my mind: Tatara.
It feels somewhere in between Masamune and Nodachi, but towards the latter in terms of efficiency.

3 pass shave, BBS. No weepers or irritation, no alum feedback either. Great and very enjoyable overall shave.
I would wholeheartedly recommend it to the daily shavers or to those who prefer milder experiences.
I would like to emphasise that despite the smoothness and overall milder feel, this razor is remarkably efficient!!
Probably the best 20€ I spent on shaving gear!

Enjoy your shaves!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom