What's new

Master's Iceland Breeze and Ocean Blue Aftershave

I've read several comments here regarding Master's Bay Rum Aftershave, but I've recently come across a few other Master's brand aftershave varieties that sound interesting. Has anyone had any experience with Master's Iceland Breeze or Master's Ocean Blue? According to the descriptions (@Appleton Barber Supply) Iceland Breeze is said to give a cooling finish, while Ocean Blue is said to share a similar fragrance to Aqua Velva.

At $4.95 for a 15-ounce bottle, they seem like a real bargain. Any thoughts, comments, experience with the aforementioned aftershaves. Just curious...

-Pete

I picked up a bottle of masters bay rum recently. Great scent, a more of a "brown sugary" kind of bay rum to me. But the glycerin gives me just the right touch of moisture i need in the summer.

They had a bottle of iceland breeze and I cracked it open to smell at the store. ....I slowly put it back on the shelf, make sure I didn't get any on me.

Let's just say that to me, it definitely did not smell good. But smell is such a YMMV thing, I suppose some people like it.

It might be in your best interest to track down a beauty supply store and test the scents in person.

Iceland Breeze is a bit weird at first, especially when you just smell the bottle. After you apply it, it mellows. It definitely cools upon application; there's a bit of a pine scent in there somewhere, and other scents I can't place. Not a favorite, but not bad either.

I picked up a bottle of Iceland Breeze on a whim recently.

It is a great aftershave with a dose of menthol.

However, the scent is a bit weird. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I can't stand it. This morning I thought it smelled a bit like a urinal cake. Fortunately it fades rapidly.

But, it works so well I use it anyway.

I smelled a bottle of Iceland Breeze and was not impressed. Maybe because all I've used is Master Bay Rum so much lately. I'll stick with the Bay Rum.

Any other Master aftershaves good? I heard, but never had the chance to whiff the Topaz, but that it's got a nice scent.

I just saw my Iceland Breeze sittin' in my den and thought I'd splash some on before bed. (Aftershave before bed when you shave in the morning (or even haven't shaved in a few days) is normal, right?) Anyway, I thought I'd search on here for it. I can't believe the bad comments this is getting. I love the stuff. My face is so cool right now. Such a refreshing scent.

I got a bottle of Iceland Breeze by mistake on my last order (the vendor did send the right item immediately, to their credit). So I had this complimentary bottle of Iceland Breeze at my disposal, and I gave it a sniff. Oh my goodness. Whew! It really does smell like a urinal cake right out of the bottle.

After reading this thread, I decided to at least give it a try and splash some on. The good news is, it does smell a lot better once it's on your face. The bad news is, it's still pretty bad. I just have to assume the "fragrance-ologists" at Masters put this stuff out as a joke. :tongue_sm

Any other Master aftershaves good? I heard, but never had the chance to whiff the Topaz, but that it's got a nice scent.
I have the Topaz, it's pretty good. Very close in scent to Old Spice, to my nose.

I like the Topaz. Classic A/S scent without the powdery element of Clubman.

I was wondering about this. Are all the Masters scents and Lustray scents the same? I mean, they even come in the same bottle, they have a lot of the same scents, and from how you describe that, it sounds like Lustray's Coachman. I'm not saying it's gonna stop me from buying them all, but still.... are they the same?

I've read several comments here regarding Master's Bay Rum Aftershave, but I've recently come across a few other Master's brand aftershave varieties that sound interesting. Has anyone had any experience with Master's Iceland Breeze or Master's Ocean Blue? According to the descriptions (@Appleton Barber Supply) Iceland Breeze is said to give a cooling finish, while Ocean Blue is said to share a similar fragrance to Aqua Velva.

At $4.95 for a 15-ounce bottle, they seem like a real bargain. Any thoughts, comments, experience with the aforementioned aftershaves. Just curious...

-Pete

I love Master AS products so I bought a sample bottle of Ocean Blue for a $1.

Well I had three rules in life to live by now I have four.

Never play cards with a man named "Doc", never eat at a place called "Ma's", never sleep with a woman who has more problems than you, and never buy an AS that is colored blue.:cool:

David

These two Masters brands being discussed get very mixed reviews. However the other Masters AS's are generally accepted as very nice. I love the Topaz and am jonseing to try Lord & Master but so far cannot get a bottle at the right price. ABS has a $10 minimum S&H and everywhere else wants to charge $7 and up S&H. That's too much for one stinking bottle of AS! Sorry, rant over.

I was wondering about this. Are all the Masters scents and Lustray scents the same? I mean, they even come in the same bottle, they have a lot of the same scents, and from how you describe that, it sounds like Lustray's Coachman. I'm not saying it's gonna stop me from buying them all, but still.... are they the same?

I can say that as far as the bay rums go, they are definitely different creatures. I quite like the Master's bay rum; very pleasant and distinctive. One of my favorites. The Lustray is very different, barely any scent that I can discern at all. Maybe a little bay oil? I almost threw it a way.

As far as the Master's Iceland breeze, I echo the comments here. Kind of weird, pretty nice I guess. Works well at times. Wouldn't buy it again.

I picked up a bottle of masters bay rum recently. Great scent, a more of a "brown sugary" kind of bay rum to me. But the glycerin gives me just the right touch of moisture i need in the summer.

They had a bottle of iceland breeze and I cracked it open to smell at the store. ....I slowly put it back on the shelf, make sure I didn't get any on me.

Let's just say that to me, it definitely did not smell good. But smell is such a YMMV thing, I suppose some people like it.

It might be in your best interest to track down a beauty supply store and test the scents in person.

is their bay rum really like that?

im looking for a bit of a bay rum variety. right now im really into the pinaud.

I have bottles of Master's Bay Rum, Lilac Vegital, and Iceland Breeze. I like them all. None of them is a favorite but in a rotation they fit in and the scents are very different. None of them are offensive to me. I can't say the same for Pinaud Clubman scents. The only one of those that I will wear is the Virgin Island Bay Rum--and my wife hates it "toooo strong".
Oldgrizzlepuss :w00t:

These two Masters brands being discussed get very mixed reviews. However the other Masters AS's are generally accepted as very nice. I love the Topaz and am jonseing to try Lord & Master but so far cannot get a bottle at the right price. ABS has a $10 minimum S&H and everywhere else wants to charge $7 and up S&H. That's too much for one stinking bottle of AS! Sorry, rant over.

Eagle,

Have you tried these locations?

Phoenix, AZ
Lionetti Clipper Service
877-954-2547
www.lionettis.com

Phoenix, AZ
Rubinov's Barber Supply
480-235-3282

Scottdale, AZ
V's Ventures Inc.
480-362-4472