What's new

Master Breeze (f/k/a Iceland Breeze)

I was a fan of the old Master Iceland Breeze, but have been away from it for a while. I recently tried some of the new formulation, now called simply Master Breeze, which has a light blue color instead of the old light green, and I must say that I like it even better now. The scent of Iceland Breeze had a reputation for being a bit "weird", in a vegetal way, and there is something to this. The new, blue formula is a bit less vegetal, but still has light menthol and the touch of glycerin that made the original so soothing. It fits generally into the traditional "barbershop" category, but is off the beaten path, scent-wise. Appleton Barber Supply, where I've been a satisfied customer for several years, has it in 3 oz and 15 oz bottles at modest prices, and is a good source for other Master aftershaves as well.

I have the "old" Iceland Breeze, the green formula. I like that it doesn't smell like most of the barbershop-type aftershaves I favor. Iceland Breeze, like the color, is a green, forestry scent. Pairs well with Stetson Sierra or Pino Silvestre colognes. If it's discontinued, I'll have to see if I can locate a bottle of the old formulation at my local barber supply store, and check out the "new" Breeze if they have it.

Top Bottom