What's new

Mass Appeal DE blade

1644333562586.png

I have many favorites, including GSB, Voskhod, BiC, Lab Blue, and SuperMax Blue Diamond. All are readily available, and cheap.
I've always liked the Astra SP, and it is always on hand as a good back-up blade - guaranteed to give a great shave with any vintage Gillette and soap in my shave lab.

Today I tried the Super Iridium vs Rapira Platinum Lux. I've read the near cult praise of the Super Iridium, and the Lux has always given me a close & smooth shave. In a left side vs right shave, using a Pre War Gillette Tech and Shannon's Soaps Amber Oud, both blades gave an equally close shave. The Lux shaved a little smoother.

For the money, I see no advantage in the extra cost for the Super Iridium.

I need to buy some of these the next time I get some free coupon stuff from CVS.... Might bring them down to a reasonable price point.

Then I can know for myself if they are basically a Gillette Platinum clone.
They may well be. My truly favorite blade is the Gillette Platinum Plus made in Brazil. Sadly they have become unobtainium. Though I still have 100 or so left. The KCG is identical as far as I can tell. You are right though, they are a bit on the expensive side. I have a bunch of GSBs, but I dont find them to be nearly as good. I dont really care for them, to be honest.

Top Bottom