What's new

Mass Appeal DE blade

Mass appeal?
I'm assuming that sort of means "easy to get".
As much as I love the Wizamet Super Iridiums, I think they're getting harder to find.
My favorite easy to find blades are:
Gillette Perma-Sharp
Shark Super Stainless
Astra SP
Derby Extras

I just went to therazorcompany.com and ordered a singular pack of the top 6 blades that was voted here to pair with my Rockwell 6S, and some stirling and prosaro soaps.

I'll likely report back and or create a new thread with my experiences and thoughts of all the blades.

I just went to therazorcompany.com and ordered a singular pack of the top 6 blades that was voted here to pair with my Rockwell 6S, and some stirling and prosaro soaps.

I'll likely report back and or create a new thread with my experiences and thoughts of all the blades.
6C is my daily driver! Pairs with many blades!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

Welcome to the forum. We have a Journals and Diaries Forum where you can start a Journal or Diary to share you thoughts with us on your shaving journey. Worth a look.

s-l1600.jpg

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Welcome to the forum. We have a Journals and Diaries Forum where you can start a Journal or Diary to share you thoughts with us on your shaving journey. Worth a look.

Will do! I used the Astra SP blade yesterday, amazing shave with the Rockwell 6S so far. No nicks, very little irritation. I'll post a journal probably in a few weeks with notes on each blade, and my setup.

Finally did the review for the top blades from this thread

I would take "mass appeal" to mean widely available at a good price, and good quality. Not necessarily the best or the cheapest blade, but a good "bang for your buck" value, and one that many shavers use.

I would vote for the Astra SP, as many others have in this thread.

I believe that the mass appeal of this blade is also supported by it's frequent use as a comparative benchmark. Members so frequently ask "Is this blade sharper than an Astra SP?" or "do they cost more than Astra SPs?"

If someone says "Wow, this blade is almost as sharp as a Polsilver!" it won't resonate with you if you've never tried a Polsilver blade.

There are no doubt regional differences in availability, resulting in different favourite blades in different parts of the world, but to my recollection over the past decade on this forum, the astra SP is one of the most referenced/mentioned blades.

Top Bottom